SOMEBODY HELP with the COE

a brand requirement was added by thai authorities just yesterday - need to show proof of payment

for 3 PCR tests (for the sandbox phuket arrivals).

but it is not clear where do i get this proof of payment, and the chance to pay.

my COE is allmost complete with an air ticket for 4 july,  yet the COE cannot be completed without the

proof of payment, the COE website says : contact your hotel...but the hotel do not know either

and say: email reservation....what do i do now after paying ?

image.png.815be0565f68f242c0d4111d6187db55.png

Edited by ubonjoe
edited title for clarity
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

The way I understand it you're sort of dependent on your hotel to do this for you, make the test arrangements for you, for which most hotels are charging 8,000 baht (3 tests, first at the airport).  It was something that was sprung on the hotels at the very last minute, but some hotels are able to cope with it and others aren't.

Bigger hotels have seemed to have a better handle on this than most smaller hotels.  But all the hotels are signed up to be SHA Plus so now is a good time for them to figure out what they need to do pronto or their customers will drift away to other hotels that have their act together.  

• Like 2

One imagines the CoE folks want to see some evidence that the customer has booked and paid for 3 covid RT-PCR tests.

Conceptually, something along the lines of:

Customer Name
Passport Number
Date:

Day 1: RT-PCR Test 1 at airport............ 2,400 baht

Day 5: RT-PCR Test 2................................ 2,800

Day 12: RT-PCR Test 3..............................  2,800

Total                                                       8,000

Paid in full by customer.

Maybe there's something to help your hotel on the SHA Plus site.  Some guidance.  Something.  Again, some hotels seem to be able to do this so it must be possible.  Every Sandbox customer is going to need this.  If the hotel can't figure it out customers will simply go elsewhere to another SHA Plus hotel.

Edited by skatewash

Does your receipt for the SHA plus hotel include a line on the invoice for the tests?

If it does, and your have paid in advance that should be enough. Upload the hotel receipt in the area where it asks for proof of payment for the tests.

I read, and have been told by my booked hotel, that I need to prepay for the 3 COVID tests (at 2,800 per person per test) AND accommodation.   A receipt from the hotel will be required to get the COE.   

I am not travelling until the end of July so plenty of time for many more new rules before then!

1 hour ago, skatewash said:

The way I understand it you're sort of dependent on your hotel to do this for you, make the test arrangements for you, for which most hotels are charging 8,000 baht (3 tests, first at the airport).  It was something that was sprung on the hotels at the very last minute, but some hotels are able to cope with it and others aren't.

Bigger hotels have seemed to have a better handle on this than most smaller hotels.  But all the hotels are signed up to be SHA Plus so now is a good time for them to figure out what they need to do pronto or their customers will drift away to other hotels that have their act together.  

indeed i called few hotels, some knew something others had no clue...but anyway

it is one big hastle...propably i will not be able to fly soon as i planned.

one hotel sugested that i will TT the money to their bank account...but it tkaes 3 business days for an overseas transfer...so they said no worry, just show us the bank slip and

we will make the invoice for the COE...but i am worried

Here is your answer:

From the official Phuket News Article:

- Proof of payment for accommodation and RT-PCR testing by specifying a period of stay of not less than 14 days in a hotel or accommodation which has been registered according to the Ministry of Tourism and Sports and Tourism of Thailand.

https://www.thephuketnews.com/phuket-sandbox-rules-tweaked-80505.php

16 minutes ago, Freeduhdum said:

Here is your answer:

From the official Phuket News Article:

- Proof of payment for accommodation and RT-PCR testing by specifying a period of stay of not less than 14 days in a hotel or accommodation which has been registered according to the Ministry of Tourism and Sports and Tourism of Thailand.

https://www.thephuketnews.com/phuket-sandbox-rules-tweaked-80505.php

yes, well, the thing is that i wanted to fly this coming sunday.

paying for the hotel is no problem, can use card on the web site,

but paying for the PCR testing need to be done by bank transfer, which takes few days

so why telling us about it only few days before the grand openning?

22 minutes ago, SCOTT FITZGERSLD said:

but paying for the PCR testing need to be done by bank transfer, which takes few days

Ok. It seems to me, when you book your hotel that has been registered with the Ministry of Tourism and Sports and Tourism of Thailand you meet the requirement. Your "proof of payment" is your receipt of 14 day hotel booking. Upload that. And... again, it seems that the expectation is the hotel will in turn arrange for the PCR testing and payment of that testing. So... if I were in your shoes, I would simply upload the hotel booking as fulfilling the immediate need to get your COE. 

Edited by Freeduhdum
Grammar correction additional content.
  • Confused 2

6 hours ago, Freeduhdum said:

Ok. It seems to me, when you book your hotel that has been registered with the Ministry of Tourism and Sports and Tourism of Thailand you meet the requirement. Your "proof of payment" is your receipt of 14 day hotel booking. Upload that. And... again, it seems that the expectation is the hotel will in turn arrange for the PCR testing and payment of that testing. So... if I were in your shoes, I would simply upload the hotel booking as fulfilling the immediate need to get your COE. 

The receipt from the hotel is only proof you paid the hotel for your stay in your example. It has nothing to do with proof that 3 PCR RT test were paid for. Most of the larger hotels already have changed their process and added the testing fees which will be listed on the receipt. The smaller ones will probably be adding it quickly or find no one will book there. 

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, Dan O said:

The receipt from the hotel is only proof you paid the hotel for your stay in your example. It has nothing to do with proof that 3 PCR RT test were paid for. Most of the larger hotels already have changed their process and added the testing fees which will be listed on the receipt. The smaller ones will probably be adding it quickly or find no one will book there. 

So just to clarify... you are saying that the hotels are now adding testing fees as a separate charge, and that separate charge will have its own receipt, and this is what the OP will need to upload for his COE? Correct?

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Freeduhdum said:

So just to clarify... you are saying that the hotels are now adding testing fees as a separate charge, and that separate charge will have its own receipt, and this is what the OP will need to upload for his COE? Correct?

My understanding is that you do not need a separate receipt. As long as the PCR tests are clearly itemised on the hotel receipt that should be enough.

Like everything, however, it will depend on the embassy or consulate in your country as to how they interpret the rules.

• Like 1

Op - You mentioned that your hotel were not aware of and couldn’t help with the PCR test requirement.

Have you already paid in advance for your hotel ???

IF so, what are the refund options ?

IF not, cancel the hotel and chose a hotel which will itemise the 3 Covid-19 RT PCR tests in their bill. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

Op - You mentioned that your hotel were not aware of and couldn’t help with the PCR test requirement.

Have you already paid in advance for your hotel ???

IF so, what are the refund options ?

IF not, cancel the hotel and chose a hotel which will itemise the 3 Covid-19 RT PCR tests in their bill. 

All Phuket SHA Plus+ hotels should be doing this as it is the new required process.

I would like to know which hotel so we can contact them directly, as we do not wish to list hotels on ASQ.in.th which cannot or will not meet the current requirements.

Edited by ThaiVisaCentre
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, blackcab said:

My understanding is that you do not need a separate receipt. As long as the PCR tests are clearly itemised on the hotel receipt that should be enough.

The Thai embassy website in the US states this.

image.png.6d99acd1475ce6d05e3821d565fa0df0.png

Source: https://thaiembdc.org/phuketsandbox/ 

If the test is included in the price for the hotel all that is needed is a copy of the appointment.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Freeduhdum said:

are you asking me for clarifications? all i can share with you is my royal hedeach.

here for example is the answer i got from the thai embassy, after downloading paid reservations for hotel and flight...the flight about to leave sunday and will have to be cancelled now:

Royal Thai Embassy,  has rejected your registration/application.

Due to 1. You must select your hotel under "SHA" category. 2. You must upload a SHABA reservation certificate from the hotel in the designated section. Please consult the hotel to obtain the certificate.

heres the reply from my hotel ,  , sounds like you pay for the tests through your hotel and they take care of it, below from the hotel

Remark: Once the payment is done, we will issue the booking confirmation on SHABA system and receipt for Covid rest fee   as soonest. "

For the Phuket sandbox term and condition update, after payment done hotel will issue the booking confirmation on SHABA system, then guest can provide the SHABA confirmation to your COE process.   

The new update information from the government just now mentioned that the tourist must prepayment of the PCR test 3 times.
Payment via credit card: 

To complete your reservation please kindly acknowledge by return via this email for acceptation to charge your credit card on reservation detail. 

• Like 1

23 hours ago, gim12 said:

sounds like you pay for the tests through your hotel and they take care of it

This is what I tried to advise the OP. Pay through the hotel and upload the document confirmation, I didn't know what it was called. So apparently it is called the SHABA system. So you upload a "Shaba reservation certificate" and/or as Ubonjoe posted a receipt of covid test appointments. 

Edited by Freeduhdum
Grammar correction additional content.
  • Like 1

On 6/30/2021 at 11:24 AM, SCOTT FITZGERSLD said:

Has to be bank transfer?  Screw that.  They are not getting their hands on my banking information.  Jesus, the hurdles just keep going up

2 minutes ago, gk10012001 said:

Has to be bank transfer?  Screw that.  They are not getting their hands on my banking information.  Jesus, the hurdles just keep going up

This must be a hotel decision... maybe the hotel staff there are not able to book the test by credit card and may be the reason the OP is having such a hard time. 

4 minutes ago, Freeduhdum said:

This must be a hotel decision... maybe the hotel staff there are not able to book the test by credit card and may be the reason the OP is having such a hard time. 

all understandable, but not very convenient for the traveler, who is already jumping through hoops to spend his hard earned time and money in Thailand!