Phuket Sandbox reopening of Thailand’s most famous island now in effect

webfact

55 minutes ago, webfact said:

Phuket Sandbox hotels to suit all budgets

Just be sure it is a large budget as you will need it, never mind what you have planned for ...................LOL

• Haha 2

8 minutes ago, madmen said:

I fly in tomorrow. Applying for COE went super smooth and 14 days on a tropical island beats the <deleted> out of 4 walls Bangkok jail

Are you coming for vacation or returning to family?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Geoffggi said:

Just be sure it is a large budget as you will need it, never mind what you have planned for ...................LOL

Well knowing the Thai mentality they sure have to markup the prices in order to make up for lost sales. The fewer the customers the higher the prices  will jump that's for dam sure.  It will be open season for tourists the eyes will be watching every move they make.

Oh and don't trust the hotel safe for protecting your valuables 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

3 minutes ago, ozfarang said:

I have been coming to Thailand for over 40 years and never had my valuables compromised in a hotel safe.

Maybe you have been unlucky with the type of hotel you stay at.

Don't assume things mate. It didn't happen to me fortunately but I've warned by others who have had things stolen from there hotel safe.

3 hours ago, webfact said:

Phuket Sandbox programme that welcomes fully vaccinated international visitors to the destination with no need to quarantine.

but you can't take a dump without putting your hand up then cops and army watching to make sure you don't flee out the window

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, madmen said:

I fly in tomorrow. Applying for COE went super smooth and 14 days on a tropical island beats the <deleted> out of 4 walls Bangkok jail ????

Indeed It offers a much better alternative to people in urgent need to travel to Thailand than ASQ hotels in BKK. But not mi idea of a holidays.

Most expats and Thais returning to Thailand will choose this better option, indeed, but I don't think that tourist are now in line to go trough all that expensive and dalily changing mess, when they can travel with no requirements at all to Dominican Republic, Mexico, Spain or Greece. Unless they really need to go to Thailand for some reason.

• Like 1

Where are the CNN film crews and the videos of the thousands of tourist disembarking their planes and heading to the tarball strewn beaches, closed bars, and closed entertainment venues as well as eating at closed restaurants and shopping as closed businesses. 

• Haha 2

5 hours ago, madmen said:

I fly in tomorrow. Applying for COE went super smooth and 14 days on a tropical island beats the <deleted> out of 4 walls Bangkok jail ????

Good luck madmen - hope it all goes well for you ????

Are the public web cams in places like Patong still working and online? Would be interesting to watch the masses in places like Patong Beach.

But with daily estimations like this: "The country reported a record 57 deaths on Thursday and 5,553 cases." Phuket might be in for a very long wait, but as the saying goes : Foreigners have expensive watches and Thais have time.????

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

7 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

Exactly this... For anyone who would normally be returning to Bangkok 14 days on an island is a far far better option than 14 days stuck in a hotel room. 

The tourism aspect depends primarily on the quarantine requirement in the home countries of any potential tourist. I really can’t see many tourists until ‘travel corridors’ have been agreed between various countries and Phuket. 

Additionally, one month from now, if the Delta variant has gained a foothold in Phuket I would guess that the Sandbox model is quickly abandoned. 

However, if success is observed I wonder if the time limitation is reduced to 7 day in a month or so.

Much of this depends on how whether or not the Delta variant can evade the existing vaccines. 

Thats is why its better to get in now than maybe not getting in next month. Out is never a problem.

• Like 1