Return to UK for vaccination - Update

jojothai

Reference to previous post: 

For those returning to UK I can confirm that I got my Astra Zeneca  second dose just over 4 weeks after the first dose.
The official line I got from from NHS, GP and pop-up centers is 8 weeks between doses.
If you want it earlier, you have to search local / Pharmacy vaccination centers to find one that will give at 4 weeks Astra Zeneca or 3 weeks Pfizer.
This is now being reported in UK media

https://uk.yahoo.com/news/gps-giving-second-covid-jabs-182122034.html

• Like 1

On 7/1/2021 at 4:12 PM, jojothai said:

For those returning to UK I can confirm that I got my Astra Zeneca  second dose just over 4 weeks after the first dose.

Did you get a vaccine passport or NHS proof of vaccination for the authorities here.

also, did you have to stay min 14 days post jab before flying back to Thailand

1 minute ago, beachbuggy said:

Did you get a vaccine passport or NHS proof of vaccination for the authorities here.

also, did you have to stay min 14 days post jab before flying back to Thailand

I have the vaccination certificate. They call it an "NHS COVID Pass". I will post a copy here.
Unfortunately it does not meet what is stated on the Thai Embassy website . They state requirement for passport number.

That is reasonable. I rang the NHS where they refer to it as a Pass for international travel, and asked for my passport number to be shown only to be told that there is no provision for it. Dimwits. I have to complain yet. Been busy getting back here. Now in ASQ.
I have seen some online info saying that thailand will accept the UK NHS pass. So its not sure.
I did not need it to come back, since the 14 days ASQ applies regardless.
I have seen nothing limiting when you can fly. Its the countries you are going to that specify requirements and you have to check. European countries accepting the cert do require a minimum time period after the second dose.

The Phuket Sandbox requires a minimum number of days post vaccine. I think 14 days.
You would have to give the vaccination certificate to the Thai embassy for the sandbox COE,
so they are not going to let in without the qualifying number of days.
However, if coming from the UK if now on Thailand red list it may not be possible to use the Sandbox without 14 days full quarantine.  I have seen some posts suggesting that, but not see anything confirming that fully yet.

Further advice for those considering going to UK.

You need a minimum of 6 weeks if you do the 5 day test to release, but you should use 7 weeks.

based on
5 day test to release.

day 6 first dose at pop up / walk in clinic or vaccination center.

4 weeks to second dose of AZ or 3 weeks for Pfizer. You have to find a vaccination center or GP that will do this, otherwise it is 8 weeks.
1 week minimum to apply for COE, get it preapproved, then get COE after ASQ booking., but best to allow 2 weeks.
Read the steps on the Thai embassy website. Very clear.
Allow say 3 days pre-approval and 3 working days for COE. They say up to 5 days for COE.

Play safe and allow 2 weeks after your second dose for return date. For COE and Important for 2 other reasons.
1. You can only apply for the NHS Pass Certificate of vaccination 5 days after your second dose. They say it will take about 5 working days for you to receive it. Mine took 5 working days.(thats 7 weekdays).

2. Majority advice is that you should allow at least 2 weeks for the second dose to become effective.

Edited by jojothai
correction
  • Like 2

On 7/7/2021 at 1:13 PM, jojothai said:

You can only apply for the NHS Pass Certificate of vaccination 5 days after your second dose. They say it will take about 5 working days for you to receive it. Mine took 5 working days.(thats 7 weekdays).

Update. recently changed to about 10 working days for you to receive the hard copy certificate. 
However, It can be printed from pdf online.

Further update.
The clinic that I went to in Manchester gave the second dose at 4 weeks.
However it has now been changed to 8 weeks for the second dose matching all the other options.

I guess that the publicity that occurred as i stated 2 weeks ago

has resulted in the government stopping the places from giving second dose any earlier than 8 weeks.
So if you go back to the UK to get vaccinated you will need at least about 10 weeks.

• Like 1