Proving My Wife Is The Mother Of Her Daughter!

confused1or2

:o The Update.

First i should let you know that after i did the last post, i found out from my wife that her sisters, 2nd child, was put down as my wife's daughter because her sister did not have an I.D. card when she was born. This i did not know before due to my wife not wanting me to worry even more!

Today the "Head Village Man" went to the Amphur office on behalf of my wife, but on his return he told her he cannot help; the office had informed him that it is very difficult to do anything, as it has been too long since her daughter was born to now prove that she is the mother of her daughter and not the mother of her sisters child.

My wife offered the Head Village Man money in return for his help (if he would), but he declined.

Surely there must be a way with a D.N.A. test as proof, to have all the paperwork amended with the correct details without my wife getting in trouble with the authorities.

Does anyone know of away to sort out this mess, as i cannot believe that my wife is the only "Thai Lady" to have fallen into this trap because of not initially having I.D.

Tonight after work i will give her the telephone number of the Lawyer we spoke with on my last trip; she is based in Pattaya, but i do not know if she is any good. Her name is Miss Arom Yimjinda from "PHET JINDA INTERNATIONAL LAW & ACCOUNT Co Ltd".

All help would be greatly appreciated!

Today the "Head Village Man" went to the Amphur office on behalf of my wife, but on his return he told her he cannot help; the office had informed him that it is very difficult to do anything, as it has been too long since her daughter was born to now prove that she is the mother of her daughter and not the mother of her sisters child.

My wife offered the Head Village Man money in return for his help (if he would), but he declined.

This should be taken as a serious matter, with real jail time a possibility, for those involved. Government records have been falsified and to right them now will probably have to expose those at fault. I suspect legal advise is well advised and perhaps an adoption type solution could be found.

I believe this is for visa purposes so you might be able to use another method, such as DNA, with your Embassy.

Serious, does anyone believe this story? First his wife had a kid that was registered as her sister in law's kid because of she had no id card. Why didn't she have an ID card and why didn't she just go to the amphur to get one?? And then the sister in law have a kid but now she is the one without ID so that kid gets registered on the person that in the first story had no ID...?

_Does_ _not_ _make_ _sense_ _at_ _all_. I think troll or maybe they are taking him for a ride for whatever reason...

Ka12345, whether you believe this to be true or not; it is. She was very young when she gave birth to her daughter and did as she was told by her husband. My wife is 100% genuine and so are her family; innocence or naivety was not a crime last time i looked!! She was young and lacked education and experience of life!

Today my wife has taken legal advice, and yes, they also state it would be very difficult to correct/change the paperwork now.

I myself emailed the Embassy, explaining the situation; asking whether a DNA test would be sufficient for the purpose of a visa, and am currently waiting for a reply.

My wife and i discussed the situation again today, and she will contact the lawyer again asking advice/assistance in the process of adoption.

Chanchao, i would also like to know more about how i would make my wife the official caretaker , as i have never heard of this practice before; would a lawyer be needed?

Thanks to all thoughs with helpful advice,

Cheers,

confused1or2

My question about a lawyer being needed or not, was not a crazy belief that these problems could or can be solved on a website; as i have already stated that my wife is making another appointment to see a lawyer. My question was to do (maybe not stated clearly) with Chanchao's point about making my wife the official caretaker, as i have never heard of this before, and i just wanted to make sure whether we needed to approach a govermental body first; as one does when dealing with the adoption process.

If my question sounded stupid, then may i put this down to extreme stress and tiredness at this moment in time.

Hey, only Chanchao can speak for Chanchao, but believe "official care taker" = adoption.

That to me seems like the best way to avoid the issue of lying in the first place. Frankly, I would straighten out both children in this regard. That said, will always show aunt as mother on birth certificate, and don't know if that creates any future problem for the child.

Whatever I did, I wouldn't bring up how this all happened, maybe to your embassy, but definitely not the Thai govt.

Take Doc's, and everyone else's advice, and seek (as you have done) the advice of a professional. Professional = Lawyer, or is that an oxymoron? :o Try to smile, unsure if you can reverse the past, but confident you can work something.

PS, if I remember my latin- Ignorancia legis non excusat. So while being ignorant is not against the law, nor is it an excuse.

OH, believe me i have every intention of getting the adoption process started a.s.a.p; the lawyer my wife is going too, also speaks English so that he can direct me every step of the way! I know the daughter wants this and i am hoping that her mother on paper will not try to put a spanner in the works, especially as she has already had money out of me.

I have emailed Chanchao in the hope of finding out more of what he is suggesting as he talks as if it is something different from adoption; and most of all easy!

As to the Embassy, i have already emailed them with the problem and asked them if they would take DNA testing as proof of parentage. I only hope they will not try to put a spanner in the works; at least i have been honest with them, and it would save on the awkward questions later.

I can only hope honesty is the best policy.

Thanks for all the advice, lets hope the future will be a good one!

Cheers,

confused1or2 :o