Bangkok Hospital Hat Yai announces COVID-19 vaccination registration

nrasmussen

Well, it seems to me that the large private hospital organization that reported the "new" pay before you get the vaccine (Moderna) can't even get the story straight with all the private hospitals.  I have checked every day with Bangkok Hospital Chiang Mai and they are still saying that yeah they were going to register folks for AZ or Sinovac but they didn't get any vaccines so that is shot to hell.  But, besides that we were told that the CM governor was going to provide "free" vaccines for all the ex-pats - but no hospital has even heard of this possible program.  Every day we are given different stories from different cities and the government which never seem to come to fruition.  Keep wearing one's masks, avoid crowds, eat at home, wash your hands hourly or more.  Good luck!

6 minutes ago, Presnock said:

Every day we are given different stories from different cities and the government which never seem to come to fruition

just curious, are you new to Thailand .... 555

Has anyone in Hat Yai managed to get a jab yet?

Sikarin, which I'm registered with, has a government jab station but they've told me foreigners will have to wait for the moment, but they can't tell me how long that wait might be. Bangkok hospital I'm also registered with, and they sent me that Moderna registration notice the other day, they've told me they also hope to get some of the government vaccines too, but again they don't know when.

11 hours ago, Stocky said:

Sikarin, which I'm registered with, has a government jab station but they've told me foreigners will have to wait for the moment, but they can't tell me how long that wait might be. Bangkok hospital I'm also registered with, and they sent me that Moderna registration notice the other day, they've told me they also hope to get some of the government vaccines too, but again they don't know when.

I was in Hat Yai last week at the Ratyindee Hospital and there was a farang getting his magic shot. I could have got one too, had I registered, but I am still choosing to wait.

• Like 1

Yes I've had the Sino-pharm jab which was arranged by my company, will receive the 2nd shot 4 weeks after the 1st, this probably doesn't help in regard to what's available to the expat community in HY but happy to report zero side effects and almost none from the rest of our company who were also vaccined.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Stocky said:

Two weeks ago Bangkok Hospital Hat Yai registered me and gave me a vaccination appointment for 2021-08-02 (60+; vaccine brand unspecified, I just requested first one available).

• Like 1

1 minute ago, nrasmussen said:

Two weeks ago Bangkok Hospital Hat Yai registered me and gave me a vaccination appointment for 2021-08-02 (60+; vaccine brand unspecified, I just requested first one available).

That's strange because they couldn't register me for a jab because and I quote:

"We receive an update from Ministry of Public Health, Thailand this morning that the covid-19 vaccination system is temporary closed due to there are some system errors on 13 digits citizen ID generating process."

That was June 25th. They can't give me a jab without my being registered on the Moh Prom app which needs them to generate a 13 digit ID to substitute for a Thai ID as I don't have a pink card and ID number.

Why does Thailand always need to be so complicated.

6 minutes ago, Stocky said:

That's strange because they couldn't register me for a jab because and I quote:

"We receive an update from Ministry of Public Health, Thailand this morning that the covid-19 vaccination system is temporary closed due to there are some system errors on 13 digits citizen ID generating process."

That was June 25th. They can't give me a jab without my being registered on the Moh Prom app which needs them to generate a 13 digit ID to substitute for a Thai ID as I don't have a pink card and ID number.

Why does Thailand always need to be so complicated.

That's what they did for me on 2021-06-22. Sorry to hear that three days later the system wasn't working anymore.

3 minutes ago, nrasmussen said:

That's what they did for me on 2021-06-22. Sorry to hear that three days later the system wasn't working anymore.

When I checked on Friday 2nd the response was as follows:

"Unfortunately, Moh Prom application is temporary turned off. I expect the application will be available at the same time with a large group of local citizen, who aged 18-59 years."

They've promised to alert me when it's back on line.

12 minutes ago, Stocky said:

When I checked on Friday 2nd the response was as follows:

"Unfortunately, Moh Prom application is temporary turned off. I expect the application will be available at the same time with a large group of local citizen, who aged 18-59 years."

They've promised to alert me when it's back on line.

They handled my registration very efficiently and professionally, so it's probably safe to assume that they will indeed alert you as soon as the system is back up. Good luck!

4 hours ago, Stocky said:

I'll do another phone around this week, including Rajindee, see if I can get any sense out of anyone.

I called Rajyindee last week, as i'm registered there; they said that it's fully booked. Maybe i'll go and ask them in person, but i'm not in a hurry, as i'm only interested in Moderna and don't expect them to get any before next year.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Received the following Line message from Bangkok Hospital Hat Yai:

220369983_2021-08-1618_06_33-.jpg.64c55b35176a8b7f724780015a20f5f1.jpg

I made the cut and received an SMS giving details of payment, Bht3,300. Even though I managed to get on the government system, and have now had the first of 2 AZ jabs, I've paid. Given the likely arrival of the Moderna vaccine probably won't be until early next year, I can hopefully use it as a booster dose.