Italian notary power of attorney

I need to have a power of attorney endorsement for my Italian lawyer. They prefer apostille but I can't get that in Thailand. My attorney says I can get a notory to endorse it in the Italian embassy. The Italian embassy website seems to say they only do this for Italian citizens which I am not. I have inquired with the embassy and waiting for a response but if anyone has any useful information please advise. Thank you.

Thai lawyers have notary public.

If you are in Bangkok there are a few notary public lawyers in glas haus building a short distance from Asoke.

Price to certify docs is approx between 1000 to 2000 baht per page.

Other cities have licensed notary public lawyers as well and can be searched on the internet.

Dont know if this would be OK for Italy, you could ask your attorney.

Edited by userabcd

On 7/5/2021 at 2:16 PM, userabcd said:

Thai lawyers have notary public.

If you are in Bangkok there are a few notary public lawyers in glas haus building a short distance from Asoke.

Price to certify docs is approx between 1000 to 2000 baht per page.

Other cities have licensed notary public lawyers as well and can be searched on the internet.

Dont know if this would be OK for Italy, you could ask your attorney.

I stated the attorney wants it notorized in the Italian consulate in lieu of apostille.

• Sad 1

On 7/4/2021 at 11:50 AM, LikeItHot said:

My attorney says I can get a notory to endorse it in the Italian embassy. The Italian embassy website seems to say they only do this for Italian citizens

But your attorney (or the Embassy Webb site) is wrong-- When you find out which one, you may wish to politely thank "userabcd" for his helpful directions.

It was clear what I needed. Everyone knows notary's are a dime a dozen here.  I asked for useful information not common knowledge. It's possible my attorney is wrong but doubtful and it doesn't really matter. He sets the standard and the standard must be met. It's possible the Embassy is wrong hence my inquiry. I don't really need the classic Thaivisa debate. Just need to know if the Italian embassy will notorized a POA for an non Italian with an Italian lawyer from anyone who has experienced the situation. All others feel free to ignore the polite request and move on.

• Sad 1