What Food have been Eating during these Covid times?

What Food have been Eating during these Covid times? For me the selection of meals has improved mainly because the wife has more time.

She now makes all our bread I think baking has become a new hobby I get Ciabatta, Wholemeal last week she made Sweet Potato Bread aroi maak,

This week she made a load of Doughnuts I only got one her friends came for them,

She is a bit artistic and creates many different dishes I will post photo's of what she has made her style is Asian Fusion,

Feel free to post whats on the menu today,

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, ChipButty said:

Always got to have some beans in the house 

Not all people like Marmite my wife likes with toast. 

To put some marmite on toast just gives the beans on toast a lot more flavours. 

My other breakfast is fruit Muslie mixed with any other chop up fruit and I put yogurt mixed fruit milk on instead of milk. 

• Like 2

since the first wave I have started to make our shopping, that includes online. 

My wife is scared going out (good excuse to stay home and do absolutely nothing), so she has to cook, whatever I bring.

Fridge and freezer is always full, so I don't have to go out too often.

I do concentrate on fresh vegetables and frozen fruits (from macro) - priority is healthy diet.

The other foods I tend to buy if they are discounted 

14 minutes ago, internationalism said:

since the first wave I have started to make our shopping, that includes online. 

My wife is scared going out (good excuse to stay home and do absolutely nothing), so she has to cook, whatever I bring.

Fridge and freezer is always full, so I don't have to go out too often.

I do concentrate on fresh vegetables and frozen fruits (from macro) - priority is healthy diet.

The other foods I tend to buy if they are discounted 

We eat healthy I eat loads of veggies not much fruit though 

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/5/2021 at 9:49 AM, ChipButty said:

One of my favorite Minced Meat and Onion pies I've still got one left in the freezer just add some chips and peas and gravy  

194609189_10160043716016874_1832965581935719457_n.jpg

194367741_10160043715826874_9121566000248560542_n.jpg

194367741_10160043715896874_1017180771361728821_n.jpg

Unlike some I have been eating far less salt and sugar during covid times. And doing far more cooking myself. After doing this weight loss comes easy.

• Like 1

On 7/5/2021 at 9:50 AM, Fat is a type of crazy said:

My girlfriend has been taking the opportunity over the last few months to make a range of things - breads, spring rolls from nothing, golden beans whatever they are, donuts, biscuits, soups etc.  I am 1000's of miles away in Australia so something to look forward to I suppose. 

just don't get crazy...

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, BritManToo said:

Just made minced pork and onion pasties ..... didn't crimp them hard enough. I've got Tandoori chicken marinating in the fridge for tomorrow, and there's a loaf of bread cooking in the bread machine.

IMG_20210716_125333.jpg

your wife should give you a monthly salary.. 

On 7/5/2021 at 9:29 AM, ChipButty said:

Always got to have some beans in the house 

Always have to have marmite in ours,the wife is the only Thai i know that loves it,comes of living in England for so long i suppose.

The wife is quite a good cook Thai and falang food,makes the best baked potatos ive ever tasted( mind you she does have a Jamie Oliver book tucked away) but lately she has been buying food from every old lady at the side of the road ,just to help out,i must admit 50/50its sometimes nice and sometimes in the bin.

Edited by bert bloggs

On 7/5/2021 at 9:03 AM, ChipButty said:

she has made her style is Asian Fusion,

There is a restaurant near me that makes Fusion.. they make Western Food and cover it w/incredibly hot spicy Thai sauces... [this works as diet food as I drink so much water i can eat 20% of my meal,,,

My version of fusion is to take Thai food and melt cheese on top.. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, sawadee1947 said:

Mmmh lovely. And do you like also to make the beans some farting noise later? 

Mmmh????

Fruit Muesli with raisins, with pineapple, mango or limes or any fruit with multi fruit yogurt milk is my healthy breakfast.