What is the story with hospitals announcing Moderna sign ups and then almost immediately saying they are completely full

Thomas J

16 hours ago, shdmn said:

It's almost as if there is lots of demand to get vaccinated or something.  Who'd a thunk. 

Actually there is demand to get vaccinated with very specific vaccines.  People who wish to travel back to their home countries will want the vaccine which is Geo-politically correct and is on the list of approved vaccines for quarantined entry.  Or citizens who strongly believe their own country's Geo-political propaganda (I'm quite neutral thanks and have no dog in the fight) and believe that these vaccines, from the countries that they have been taught to hate from birth, are literally poison.

Those traveling to Russia will want Sputnik
Those traveling to China will want Sinovac/Shinopharm
Those traveling to the US or EU will want Moderna/J&J
Those traveling to the UK will want AZ
(these are not absolutes, but ya get the drift.  maybe.  maybe not)

Truthfully if this was actually a "killer pandemic" wiping out 10 to 20% of the population, this vaccine nationalism would quite literally be criminal.  Yet?  Here we are.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

As I mentioned earlier when I registered at Bangkok hospital in Ratchaburi I was talking to them.  They told me that they were told early that morning they were allocated 5,000 doses.

26 minutes ago, connda said:

Actually there is demand to get vaccinated with very specific vaccines.  People who wish to travel back to their home countries will want the vaccine which is Geo-politically correct and is on the list of approved vaccines for quarantined entry.  Or citizens who strongly believe their own country's Geo-political propaganda (I'm quite neutral thanks and have no dog in the fight) and believe that these vaccines, from the countries that they have been taught to hate from birth, are literally poison.

Truthfully if this was actually a "killer pandemic" wiping out 10 to 20% of the population, this vaccine nationalism would quite literally be criminal.  Yet?  Here we are.

Good points, may I add EU won't accept local Thai produced AZ.proof of vaxx .

It is a complex and dynamc situation with so many variants.I have no medical qualification and suggest no one takes medical advice from internet starngers .

Of course what rules are applied by airlines, transit countries and immigration at your destination will do as they will.

The WHO needs to lead on a universal Certificate as many had years ago esp seamen. One format accpeted everywhere.

If Thailand cannot supply vaccinations required by other nations private hospitals should be allowed to import without GPO and allow the market to work,It is not as if people are going to have more shots than they need. My other concern is as the crisis evolves will be racism aimed not so much at white retirees but desperately poor trafficked wage slaves from adjacent ASEAN nations.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, connda said:

sorry omitted link re Eu entry

https://www.bbc.com/news/explainers-57665765

57 minutes ago, connda said:

Different 5G-standards require different versions of Bill's vaccine.

Note: sarcasm. It's not about 5G-standards. More about profits. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

.,.... Because its a great Mrna vaccine, even more promising than Pheizer.

I went personally to the hospital early to register.  There was a line outside around the corner.  I wouldn't expect an email reply.  You need the cash and make a commitment!

On 7/5/2021 at 1:21 PM, Thomas J said:

Have the hospitals been notified of some specific amount of vaccine that has been allocated to them? 

Obviously and friends and family of staff got preferential appointments.

Edited by LongTimeLurker

My wife registered for the Moderna vaccine the same time I did,we both got verification sent to us. Had to log in via the line app and pay. She logged in and paid instantly using her ATM card. Then We logged into my line app,she proceeded to do the exact same thing for me. Low and behold I couldn’t pay,could get to the section where you needed to input your card details,couldn’t even open it. 
So my thoughts are they are trying to get the Thais vaccinated,and slipping a very few Falang into the mix to keep us happy. But on a good note went to a place where they charge duel pricing,the misses complained about the practice and insisted the accept my pink ID card. Low and behold saved ourselves 100 baht. Paid for my pad Thai and a coke. 
So you win some you lose some.

But this vaccination roll out does seem to be turning into a <deleted> fight.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, GarryP said:

I have just managed to login to pay. They want the full payment according to your booking. In this case it was 6,600 for four injections (I was booking for my wife too). Money will be returned if you do not receive your vaccinations by 31 December 2021. Don't think they'll reimburse if you get your vaccinations elsewhere in the interim, but you could probably pass on your reservation to someone else and claim you made the booking for them. May have to go with them though. 

Are you talking about Princ?

How did you pay?

They only seem to offer mPay (from AIS) which is not available for foreigners. 

31 minutes ago, Lorry said:

Are you talking about Princ?

How did you pay?

They only seem to offer mPay (from AIS) which is not available for foreigners. 

Yes.

I paid with my credit card.

I registered with my Thai ID card no. so not sure if that makes a difference, but wouldn't have thought so.

Only a few hours after paying I learned that approval had been provided for 20 mill doses of Pfizer, which will be provided free to Thais. Just my luck so if I go for Pfizer, I will simply lose my advance payment for Moderna. I just cannot win.  

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, GarryP said:

I registered with my Thai ID card no. so not sure if that makes a difference, but wouldn't have thought so.

You cannot pay if you use a passport. Must use Thai ID.

But even using a Thai ID it doesn't work.

10 minutes ago, Lorry said:

You cannot pay if you use a passport. Must use Thai ID.

But even using a Thai ID it doesn't work.

I paid today. I tried many times yesterday (at least 20 times) but couldn't register to pay even though I kept getting the OTP and using the same. Eventually, they closed down and a message appeared on the screen that they were overloaded and were temporarily closing down. So I tried again this morning and on my third attempt was able to get through to the payment page. I definitely paid, and received a confirmation SMS for my payment.

First you need to register using this link: https://register.princhealth.com/en/home.html 

You will then receive an acknowledgement SMS which includes the link to actually proceed to register to pay. A day or more will pass before you receive the next link. I registered on 2 July and received the SMS on 5 July.  The link for this purpose was https://register.princhealth.com/payment/register.php Don't give up (it is a pain in the bum I know). It may take numerous attempts before you actually get through. 

22 minutes ago, GarryP said:

I paid today. I tried many times yesterday (at least 20 times) but couldn't register to pay even though I kept getting the OTP and using the same. Eventually, they closed down and a message appeared on the screen that they were overloaded and were temporarily closing down. So I tried again this morning and on my third attempt was able to get through to the payment page. I definitely paid, and received a confirmation SMS for my payment.

First you need to register using this link: https://register.princhealth.com/en/home.html 

You will then receive an acknowledgement SMS which includes the link to actually proceed to register to pay. A day or more will pass before you receive the next link. I registered on 2 July and received the SMS on 5 July.  The link for this purpose was https://register.princhealth.com/payment/register.php Don't give up (it is a pain in the bum I know). It may take numerous attempts before you actually get through. 

I got all this. From the payment link, i end up at กรุณาเลือกวิธีการชำระเงิน, can only choose credit card,  and then the system doesn't proceed (price is correct,  i only want one shot):

Screenshot_20210706-211318_Brave.jpg

Edited by Lorry

17 minutes ago, Lorry said:

I got all this. From the payment link, i end up at กรุณาเลือกวิธีการชำระเงิน, can only choose credit card,  and then the system doesn't proceed (price is correct,  i only want one shot):

Screenshot_20210706-211318_Brave.jpg

That's the same screen I got to. It took a bit of time but when I clicked the next link it worked fine. 

1 minute ago, GarryP said:

That's the same screen I got to. It took a bit of time but when I clicked the next link it worked fine. 

There is no next link. So you suggest to wait,  hopefully after a while a next link might appear? BTW this page was open for hours. 

Edited by Lorry

23 hours ago, shdmn said:

Doesn't it seem strange how you seem to be looking for any excuse to feed into this narrative that Thais can't do anything right?

Well, he just seems to be right.

Yesterday I received a text from Ratchaphreuk hospital, Khon Kaen,  which was completely in Thai, apart from the word "Moderna".  I clicked on the provided link and was taken to a site which was again completely in Thai but the help of Google translate I found that it was their sign-up site to register for Moderna. 

In the pre-amble, it said that preference would be given to people who had previously signed up via the Thonburi Healthcare Group (THG) which may shed some light as to why some of the posters on here found that registration at various hospitals had become full very quickly.

I clicked the link again today and there is a message saying that due to the large number of advance bookings registration has currently been suspended. 

• Like 1

On 7/5/2021 at 9:12 PM, Thomas J said:

I still don't understand how a Pre Order can be full unless you know how much vaccine has been allotted to your hospital in advance.  I thought the entire process was to gauge the demand and to order only what was required.  So if I have 10,000 people sign up they would order enough vaccine for 10,000 people, if it was 100,000 people they would order more.  So unless you know you are restricted as to amount of vaccine you are getting, why would you shut your registrations down. 

You make an excellent point and conclusion. It seems the shenanigans will continue behind the scene.

It's clear that disinformation will be the only thing guaranteed for the immediate future.

More stressful to me as an American is seeing my tax dollars (and yes, I still pay considerable home taxes) spent to ship authentic and proven effective vaccines being donated by my home country while knowing beyond any doubt that I will not benefit from it.

I seriously doubt that the 20% requirement for any/all farang, regardless of nationality, will be honored as well.

It's just sad when both your home country and adopted country abuse you.

I'm quite willing to pay for Moderna but expect honest business practice to be followed in the process. That also appears to be but a fantasy.

10 hours ago, GarryP said:

Hospital call center recommends coming to the hospital to pay in person.

Otherwise keep trying because many people want to pay.

Oh yeah, i tried about 100 times.  

It's just like in my home country (but there they don't let you come in person,  so Thailand is still better)

• Like 1

2 hours ago, RocketDog said:

You make an excellent point and conclusion. It seems the shenanigans will continue behind the scene.

It's clear that disinformation will be the only thing guaranteed for the immediate future.

More stressful to me as an American is seeing my tax dollars (and yes, I still pay considerable home taxes) spent to ship authentic and proven effective vaccines being donated by my home country while knowing beyond any doubt that I will not benefit from it.

I seriously doubt that the 20% requirement for any/all farang, regardless of nationality, will be honored as well.

It's just sad when both your home country and adopted country abuse you.

I'm quite willing to pay for Moderna but expect honest business practice to be followed in the process. That also appears to be but a fantasy.

Yesterday my daughter was able to register and pay for my wife and I for two jabs of Moderna (2400 baht total or 1200 per jab) at Vimut Hospital.  She registered us on Monday and was sent the payment link yesterday where she completed the payment via bank transfer.  She used my Pink ID and my wife's Thai ID to register us.  No dual pricing and no apparent hassle.  We await our appointment emails... 

• Like 2

Hospitals have determined a 'safe' quantity that they feel comfortable marketing and selling to customers. They've done this with the input of the TPHA. 

We are way past forecasting demand.

Many/most/nearly all hospitals hit their limit quickly. They do not want to book too many more doses than they think they might be able to provide. Then they have to deal with angry customers and issue refunds.

Demand is huge, and supply is limited.

Frankly, I'll be shocked if I get one dose. Downright flabbergasted if I get a second. In 2021 or 2022.

18 hours ago, Titan1962 said:

My wife registered for the Moderna vaccine the same time I did,we both got verification sent to us. Had to log in via the line app and pay. She logged in and paid instantly using her ATM card. Then We logged into my line app,she proceeded to do the exact same thing for me. Low and behold I couldn’t pay,could get to the section where you needed to input your card details,couldn’t even open it. 
So my thoughts are they are trying to get the Thais vaccinated,and slipping a very few Falang into the mix to keep us happy. But on a good note went to a place where they charge duel pricing,the misses complained about the practice and insisted the accept my pink ID card. Low and behold saved ourselves 100 baht. Paid for my pad Thai and a coke. 
So you win some you lose some.

But this vaccination roll out does seem to be turning into a <deleted> fight.

I know Thais that had the same thing happen to them.  Registered but then couldn't pay. 

I think while the registration was open lots could register but only those who paid counted towards the allocation.  You had 10's of millions people trying to get 2.5 million spots.

2 hours ago, Lorry said:

Hospital call center recommends coming to the hospital to pay in person.

Otherwise keep trying because many people want to pay.

Oh yeah, i tried about 100 times.  

It's just like in my home country (but there they don't let you come in person,  so Thailand is still better)

In the end,  the hospital sent me by Line the same payment link I got as SMS. In Line, it worked at the first try. 

I have a similar (?) story this morning, about not being able to register with two hospitals in the Bangkok Hospital chain here in Phuket.  They had advertised that commencing at 09:00am this morning 7-July, they would accept (online ONLY) registrations for Moderna vaccine. I even received an SMS yesterday from Bangkok Hospital telling me of that.

At 09:00 sharp, my wife and I tried to register (using separate computers) but we failed to get by the initial registration advertisement page.  At 09:15 or so, my computer was giving me indications that the Phuket hospital website was down. My wife checked their facebook page, and sure enough, they noted their web site was down and they be back up at 10:30am. 

So at 10:30am sharp (a bit earlier actually) we both tried again,  Initially no joy, and then at about 10:35am we managed to go through the registration process, and then got to the page where one is to wait for an SMS with payment details ... this was at 10:39am.  No SMS came.  We had read previous if his happens, it means they are sold out.

My wife then checked the Hospital's "Line" social media account, and the hospital had put up a post that they were "sold out".   Going back to their registration pages, and again, web site was down.

So if nothing else - there is consistency here, where the demand greatly exceeds the supply.

Edited by oldcpu
  • Like 2

14 hours ago, Lorry said:

There is no next link. So you suggest to wait,  hopefully after a while a next link might appear? BTW this page was open for hours. 

Sorry to hear that. I clicked the tag next to the image of the card symbols then the link that appeared.

Edited by GarryP