Minimum Requirements

Guys,

I've just read Spuds posting about his GF being refused a tourist visa, which I was sorry to hear about. Good luck on the next one!

This topic seemed to bring to light the fact there there are embassy "minimum requirements" as to how long you have know each other etc when applying, it begged a few questions to me reqarding the settlement visa.

If it's 6months minimum length of service together for a successful tourist visa application, does anyone know of simular restrictions for a successful settlement visa apllication??

Additionally do you have to have lived together for a certain amount of this time as a couple?

Does having a child together reduce any of these requirements or improve the chances of a successfull settlement application?

When we apply at the end of the year the stats will be;

known eachother - 16months

married - 6months

lived together - 4months (in total)

baby together - yes a few weeks old

1 successful uk tourist visa for wife (then GF) after 8months.

My own house, well paid job

Would not want to jeopadize application and have to wait a year for another one. What are the chances of success?

Any comments welcome.

When I applied for my wife's immigration visa for Australia, we had to produce documents eg birth, marriage certificates (translated in english if in Thai), photo's, affidavit's from friends and family that we are a couple etc. Also while living apart they wanted records of phone bills and letters with original envelopes. Other things they wanted was last 2-3 years tax returns.

At the time of application my wife too was pregnant, which I think helped.

Our first application for a tourist visa was rejected, the embassy saying not enough proof that we have known each other (wife was gf at time) the next time I took all my emails, phone records etc and she was granted a tourist visa. (that was a few months later and then about 12 months later the immigration visa.

Good luck

This topic seemed to bring to light the fact there there are embassy "minimum requirements" as to how long you have know each other etc when applying, it begged a few questions to me reqarding the settlement visa.

If it's 6 months minimum length of service together for a successful tourist visa application, does anyone know of simular restrictions for a successful settlement visa apllication??

There is no minimum requirement to know each other for Settlement Limits. My wife got her Fiancee Visa less than 3 months after we met.

Approx 36% of people who receive Settlement Visa to the UK have known their partner for 12 months or less, 50% for 16 months or less, 80% for 2 years or less. I would say that you will not have any problems provided you meet the requirements of housing and income. You could also get a Quick Interview.