Pipe dope / pipe thread sealant

Heng

Have ya'll seen this available anywhere here?    Couldn't find it at Home Pro.     The section manager said to just use PVC glue, haha.   

Usually am happy with just the pvc tape but want a slightly higher peace of mind (of seal) for a couple of faucets I'm putting in.   

You could try https://thailand.swagelok.com/ I bought some of their thick PTFE tape on Lazada. As to be expected Lazada f'd up the delivery but the Swagelock customer service was EXTREMELY HELPFUL, she sent a roll of tape she had at home with her on a Sunday for free just so I could get operational. Would suggest adding them by Line account and avoid Lazada altogether. 

The loctite 565 VocalNeal posted looks good as well. Might have it in stock at Hardware House, they seem to have the full range of loctite products there

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Heng said:

Have ya'll seen this available anywhere here?    Couldn't find it at Home Pro.     The section manager said to just use PVC glue, haha.   

HomePro may sometimes have it Global House, DoHome and Thai watsudu almost always do. Thank a picture with you as translation often fails. 

Pretty sure, this is the one I bought, as I remember i couldn’t see the price, turns out it was 567 baht !

4D90D0F4-2DE6-4DF5-8BDD-CB5F0CF6DE64.thumb.jpeg.ca8b7cf1ea48ebda01be90e280fe9f5e.jpeg

A quick look on Lazada brings up prices ranging from 134 baht to 1,210 baht !!

but most ranging from 650/700 baht.

I would visit your local Homemart/Hardware House with a photo, mine have a display cabinet of Loctite products.

Edited by Andrew Dwyer
  • Like 1

I was looking a couple of months ago. Trying to find horse hair or alternative plus something similar to Stag or Boss to do some domestic water pipework (brass fittings). Ended up ordering some Permatex pipe jointing compound from Lazada and using with PTFE tape.

Not really what I wanted, but did the trick.

On 7/7/2021 at 9:50 AM, phetphet said:

Ended up ordering some Permatex pipe jointing compound from Lazada...

Ditto, I was just going to recommend having a look at Permatex pipe joint compound, available in Homepro and on Lazada and Shoppe.  

• 10 months later...
On 7/11/2021 at 11:09 AM, longball53098 said:

Looks good, but does anyone know what the blue plastic pipe they use here is made of?

RectorSeal cannot be used with some pipe materials. See below:

Description

Applications

RectorSeal No. 5 is recommended for pipe made of galvanized steel, iron, brass, copper, aluminum, stainless steel, polyethylene, reinforced fiberglass, and PVC. DO NOT USE ON ABS OR CPVC.

2 hours ago, phetphet said:

Looks good, but does anyone know what the blue plastic pipe they use here is made of?

It is PVC so OK to use RectorSeal with it.

image.png.9d9003fe546d48763b73282984f09546.png

• Like 1

On 7/6/2021 at 10:27 PM, beechstreet said:

You could try https://thailand.swagelok.com/ I bought some of their thick PTFE tape on Lazada. As to be expected Lazada f'd up the delivery but the Swagelock customer service was EXTREMELY HELPFUL, she sent a roll of tape she had at home with her on a Sunday for free just so I could get operational. Would suggest adding them by Line account and avoid Lazada altogether. 

The loctite 565 VocalNeal posted looks good as well. Might have it in stock at Hardware House, they seem to have the full range of loctite products there

PTFE tape is a suppose to be used as a lubricant on SS fittings, not as a sealant.