Anyone listen to Audiobooks on their Smartphone?

giddyup

I normally do on my tablet but I thought I'd try my smartphone for a change. I use a Playstore app called Smart Audiobook Player which has a sleep timer function as well as a "wake" function, so you can give the tablet/phone a shake to stop it turning off at the preset time. However, the wake function works fine on my tablet, but not my phone. Why?

I use SmartAudio Book Player, only on phones not a tablet.

I use the Sleep function. I use Bluetooth headphones. If I press the on/off button (on the headphones) briefly the app "wakes".

You're using the free version? Paid version? Is the the app up to date?

How are you using the app? Speakers or headphones? How are you attempting to wake the app? Motion, Force? Pressing the Clock/Zzz icon, top left?

How does the wake function "work" on your tablet?

If you go into Settings (3 dots) and select Sleep timer you can adjust motion  and/or force.

The paid version, 62 baht, may offer more options.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, mtls2005 said:

I use SmartAudio Book Player, only on phones not a tablet.

I use the Sleep function. I use Bluetooth headphones. If I press the on/off button (on the headphones) briefly the app "wakes".

You're using the free version? Paid version? Is the the app up to date?

How are you using the app? Speakers or headphones? How are you attempting to wake the app? Motion, Force? Pressing the Clock/Zzz icon, top left?

How does the wake function "work" on your tablet?

If you go into Settings (3 dots) and select Sleep timer you can adjust motion  and/or force.

The paid version, 62 baht, may offer more options.

I have the paid version of Smart Audiobook installed on my tablet, and it's supposed to be able to be added to any other android device, but have not been able to do that because it says "already installed", so have installed Audiobook Player 2 on my phone which performs the same functions, but is better in locating the books added. I use wired ear buds to listen in bed and the tablet just needs a light shake to wake it up when it's about to turn off in sleep timer mode, however, it doesn't work on the smartphone. Have the shake function set to lowest, ie 1g.

Edited by giddyup