Marriage Extension at Mahasarakham IO today

Spent a few days collecting all my paperwork, making copies etc. This time I thought I would get the Form Tm 7 correct first time to meet normal  Mahasarakham requirements (2 copies filled out by hand in blue ink, all capitals, double-sided and photos attached with double-sided tape (not glue stick)).

At the Immigration Office we brushed passed the volunteers/trainees dressed in white (they normally go by the book), and met the second tier lady who reports directly to one of the seated officers. She was very friendly and quick. After only 10 minutes we were waved into the office. They usually pore and grumble over the bank details and the Tm 7, but just gave them a hard glance this time. They weren't interested in the copies I had made, and just took the original pile of paperwork. Most unusual.

The immigration officer at the desk glanced at our paperwork and proceeded to fill out information on her computer. At intervals we were given other forms to sign. After about 20 minutes we finished.

Based on other reports in TV I expected to have to wait at least 6 - 8 weeks for the final approval, but the 'under consideration' stamp was just for 2 weeks and they said it would be approved by then. No house visit required. The officer even did my 90 day report which was due in  few weeks.

This was the quickest and easiest of all the marriage extensions I have ever done. I'm not sure if there was any reason, maybe just the luck of the draw this time around. I wonder if the approval/checking is now done at the province level, rather than Bangkok? Certainly everyone seemed much more relaxed about the marriage extension this time around.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Stevemercer said:

I wonder if the approval/checking is now done at the province level, rather than Bangkok? 

Your approvals have not been done at Bangkok. It is done here in the Northeast at Division 4 headquarters in Khon Kaen.

I am sure nothing has changed for the approval. Maybe they expect them be be approved sooner.

• Like 1