Phuket Must Win Appointment

MarkT63

That’s interesting. I have a sinovac appointment for 14 July and since I am over 60, want AZ so as to have more protection against delta.

I was planning to turn up and explain I want AZ and if they don’t have it, get them to reschedule me for when they do. I notice there is an option to cancel the appointment, so maybe I should just do that and wait for AZ to show up, if it does.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just read Japan donated AZ vaccine to Thailand on 9 July, maybe some of that find its way to Phuket....

Although I hope it's not the same they sent to Taiwan, not good reports from that one...!!! (Google it yourself).

• Thanks 1

My appointment for Sinovac is tomorrow but lots of news regarding medical workers getting Covid even though they have received both Sinovac jabs, I've now cancelled and hopefully another different Vaccine will become available soon, I have no problem paying should that be the case.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Badrabbit said:

My appointment for Sinovac is tomorrow but lots of news regarding medical workers getting Covid even though they have received both Sinovac jabs, I've now cancelled and hopefully another different Vaccine will become available soon, I have no problem paying should that be the case.

Good luck Badrabbit. Mine was for tomorrow but have decided not to go ahead.

Cheers

• Like 2

Atm I have 7 appointments for tomorrow. I keep cancelling them, but they never disappear and then another pops up.

I start at 9am and then have further slots on the hour, every hour through to 3 o clock.

I too wanted to wait till AZ became available because I am over 60. I’m not sure that it will be possible now because it seems a single shot of sinovac and AZ is the new policy. Whether that will apply to over 60’s, I don’t know. 

wait and then wait a bit more I suppose.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, wensiensheng said:

Atm I have 7 appointments for tomorrow. I keep cancelling them, but they never disappear and then another pops up.

I start at 9am and then have further slots on the hour, every hour through to 3 o clock.

I too wanted to wait till AZ became available because I am over 60. I’m not sure that it will be possible now because it seems a single shot of sinovac and AZ is the new policy. Whether that will apply to over 60’s, I don’t know. 

I'm 65 and I'm going to wait, gf says "new Vaccines are coming as Sinovac is no good" 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, wensiensheng said:

Why have you waited until now?

There was a vaccination program that included resident retirees. at the end of June. We were all given AZ.

Next appointment is 90 days after the first jab. Whether this actually happens is the subject for a different thread, but that is what my appointment says at the moment.

• Thanks 1

On 7/10/2021 at 11:17 AM, Pattaya Spotter said:

I believe only over 60s are offered AZ (if available).

No not correct, myself and quite a few others well under 60 were offered and have had our 1st jab of astra.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, KarenBravo said:

There was a vaccination program that included resident retirees. at the end of June. We were all given AZ.

Next appointment is 90 days after the first jab. Whether this actually happens is the subject for a different thread, but that is what my appointment says at the moment.

Sigh, I didn’t wait till now, I’ve been registered on Phuket must win for several weeks. At first it took my details and said “fully booked”, I guess because others registered ahead of me. Then the sinovac appointments started to appear about 10 days ago.

there isn’t enough AZ for everybody, so it stands to reason that some, like you, will get it, and others, like me, will not.

it’s also seems that Phuket did not reserve AZ for only over 60’s. I know of several young folks here that got it.

I would add that originally I registered in Udon Thani and had a June 14th appointment for AZ there.  We have a house there and go frequently. But that was cancelled due to lack of vaccine. Then I was given another appointment at one days notice for 8th July, but of course by then I couldn’t travel because of quarantine requirements.

11 minutes ago, Pattaya Spotter said:

Interesting to know...will see if AZ is offered when I go for my first jab tomorrow. 

They are very strict about vaccine allocation on the day you go there, I've seen them deliver small numbers of vaccine from hospitals every 30min or so to the location. So what it says on your appointment you get....

As you guys might have heard Thailand now wants to use AZ more, even as 2nd jab after 1st Sinovac for everyone, this means shortage of AZ, but also means just get Sinovac first 8f available, then you probably get AZ as 2nd later - of course all depends on availability....

2 hours ago, KarenBravo said:

Exactly KB. Many of us forum members posted about possible AZ vax very early on and many of us registered phuketmustwin. I got my date confirmed next day from register. Get AZ jab 4 days later at Karon. 

I have to admit I was somewhat hesitant and the AZ jab but what's the option. Wait until maybe October for paid for Moderna. But given current situation the early AZ jab was the best thing for me.  I know, who knows if AZ will help much given varients but sure better the Sinocrap.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, wensiensheng said:

<snip>

I would add that originally I registered in Udon Thani and had a June 14th appointment for AZ there.  We have a house there and go frequently. But that was cancelled due to lack of vaccine. Then I was given another appointment at one days notice for 8th July, but of course by then I couldn’t travel because of quarantine requirements.

That's your problem. Likely you are registered with Immigration in Udon, so Phuket Immigration would not approve your Phuket vax registration.

15 minutes ago, LivinginKata said:

That's your problem. Likely you are registered with Immigration in Udon, so Phuket Immigration would not approve your Phuket vax registration.

Not so.

I am not registered with immigration in Udon at all. I got my visa and do 90 day reports in Phuket.

I got the udon appointment via the private hospital I use there.  And, I have had no problem in getting appointments in Phuket. As I mentioned I have had seven appointments given to me in Phuket, actually eight now because a new one came up today, the issue is that they are all sinovac. 

the only problem I currently have, is getting an appointment in Phuket for AZ, and that’s due to lack of vaccine supplies,  nothing to do with immigration.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, LivinginKata said:

Exactly KB. Many of us forum members posted about possible AZ vax very early on and many of us registered phuketmustwin. I got my date confirmed next day from register. Get AZ jab 4 days later at Karon. 

I have to admit I was somewhat hesitant and the AZ jab but what's the option. Wait until maybe October for paid for Moderna. But given current situation the early AZ jab was the best thing for me.  I know, who knows if AZ will help much given varients but sure better the Sinocrap.

I don’t think you quite understand.

it’s a simple fact that there is insufficient supply of AZ for everybody. Ergo, some will be the first to register and get an appointment. Some will not be among the first to register and will not because of insufficient supply.

now you and KB imply some kind of deficiency or lack of effort by those who aren’t in the first group?

if someone older than me and with underlying conditions got a jab and I didn’t, that’s fine, I’m happy that they got it and not me. If a young, fit healthy person got it, then I think it’s a flaw in the appointment process. But I’m still not that bothered. I am fit, not overweight and have no underlying conditions, other than my age.

but in any case the sole issue is that there is not enough AZ for everybody. So some will get it, and some won’t. So no matter that some of you forum members posted early on, there will still be some who don’t get it.

can you try to be just a smidgen less smug and condescending? 

• Confused 1

3 hours ago, wensiensheng said:

can you try to be just a smidgen less smug and condescending? 

I don't believe anyone is attempting to be smug or condescending, rather just relating their own experiences.   Whether that helps others or not, who knows, however better to hear real experiences rather than the supposition you get in many of these types of threads.    Sadly, lack of transparency and information from the local health authorities on dispensing vaccination type criteria and availability means guaranteed uncertainty as to the way ahead.

One thing is for sure, nothing is for sure.

• Thanks 2

59 minutes ago, pagallim said:

I don't believe anyone is attempting to be smug or condescending, rather just relating their own experiences.   Whether that helps others or not, who knows, however better to hear real experiences rather than the supposition you get in many of these types of threads.    Sadly, lack of transparency and information from the local health authorities on dispensing vaccination type criteria and availability means guaranteed uncertainty as to the way ahead.

One thing is for sure, nothing is for sure.

I appreciate your sentiments pagallim and yes, uncertainty is the name of the game. 

as for the comments of others, enough said……

Why have you waited until now?

There was a vaccination program that included resident retirees. at the end of June. We were all given AZ.”

“ Exactly KB. Many of us forum members posted about possible AZ vax very early on and many of us registered phuketmustwin. I got my date confirmed next day fromregister. Get AZ jab 4 days later at Karon. “

• Sad 1

“happen” ? obviously nothing will happen if no confirmed system appt !

unless pink card / over 60 / listed condition, when you might have got vaxed by simply turning up to plead your case......

looks like they ran out of AZ for now

AZ was the only vax offered to all non- WP farangs under initial phuket.win scheme vax appts. 25-30 June 

• Like 1