Body Of Dolphin Washed-up On Wongamart Beach....

libya 115

SOURCE: Pattaya City News: May 25th 2007

Body of Female Dolphin washed up on Wongamart Beach.

A sad story now from Wongamart Beach behind the Long Beach Hotel in Naklua.

Just before dusk on Thursday, Police were alerted to the discovery of a washed-up female dolphin which had unfortunately lost its life.

Veterinary Officers arrived and identified the corpse as an Irrawaddy Dolphin which is commonly found near coasts and in estuaries in parts of south-east Asia. Although sometimes called the Irrawaddy River Dolphin, it is not a true river dolphin but an oceanic dolphin that lives near coasts and enters rivers.

Its range extends from the Bay of Bengal to New Guinea and northern Australia. The corpse was removed and taken to the Marine Biology Unit in Sattahip where a full Autopsy will be undertaken to determine the exact cause of death.

It is thought that the Dolphin became detached from a group and may have became trapped by fishermen’s nets and discarded by the fishermen when they retrieved their nets.

Sheesh Libya ! Are you just trying to sucker people in on a slow news day or what ?

"Body Of Female Washed-up On Wongamart Beach...., She Became Trapped By Fishermans Nets & Discarded"

The headline made it sound like some poor woman drowned and some callous fishermen freed her body from the net and let it wash ashore !

(I admit, if I had known the story was about a dolphin, I wouldn't have even clicked on the link).

Sheesh Libya ! Are you just trying to sucker people in on a slow news day or what ?

"Body Of Female Washed-up On Wongamart Beach...., She Became Trapped By Fishermans Nets & Discarded"

The headline made it sound like some poor woman drowned and some callous fishermen freed her body from the net and let it wash ashore !

(I admit, if I had known the story was about a dolphin, I wouldn't have even clicked on the link).

I think that is in very poor taste. :o

I am sick and tired of all the criticism and abusive PM's. Britmaverick can take over, I quit, you small minded pendants and phoneys, none of you live in Pattaya anyway: Well maybe 8%.

Goodnight.

Libya 115

May 26th 2007

I think that is in very poor taste. :o

I am sick and tired of all the criticism and abusive PM's. Britmaverick can take over, I quit, you small minded pendants and phoneys, none of you live in Pattaya anyway: Well maybe 8%.

Goodnight.

Libya 115

May 26th 2007

They are probably bored with nothing better to do, Libya.. I dont see anything wrong with reporting the news on here as some people dont have time to sit watching TV. I have always enjoyed reading what you post Libya and will be extremely disappointed if there are no more news clippings to read..

Whats wrong with these people, if they dont like reading the news stories , then simply dont click it...!!!!!