CAT Internet

kevvy

I posted this on Chiang Mai forum ,I did not have my glasses on.Should have been CR 

Once again the C.A.T. internet is down ,6 times in the last 10 days .Today is Sunday and no internet ,rang Chiang Rai and no answer .Rang call centre and told them ,there response was that we are a government workers now and we do not work on Sunday and if you want service we should find another provider!!!! Been the this company 7 years and this is their attitude..Any other people have had this response ..

You should have a back up.

Example: https://www.lazada.co.th/products/sim-dtac-10mbps-internet-unlimited-10mbps-1-simnet-789-i2322710468-s7847590773.html

DTAC of course if you can get a good signal where you live. Otherwise Truemove H and AIS have a similar product, though a bit more expensive.

Good enough for streaming and most household usage. It's actually unlimited, as opposed to those products that claimed it in the past, but slowed down after you used a certain volume of data.

Monthly option is 200 to 300 baht per month.  The 12 month SIM works out to 117 baht per month

• Like 1

On 7/11/2021 at 12:44 PM, kevvy said:

there response was that we are a government workers now and we do not work on Sunday and if you want service we should find another provider!!!!

I'm going to call <deleted> on this because they DO work Sundays. They also have subcontractors that go out fustion splicing broken cables 7 days a week. I live and Chiang Rai and often work closely with CAT. They've been having problems this year with road widening works around the province and their cables being severed. I honestly never understand why people think they can pay 590 Baht a month and expect carrier grade service. . .

Your choices are get backup lines, or go leased line. I chose to the backup route, I have four fibres with a combined bandwidth of 4 Mbps. We are doing load balancing on a state by state basis. We've never been offline, ever.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Eindhoven said:

You should have a back up.

Example: https://www.lazada.co.th/products/sim-dtac-10mbps-internet-unlimited-10mbps-1-simnet-789-i2322710468-s7847590773.html

DTAC of course if you can get a good signal where you live. Otherwise Truemove H and AIS have a similar product, though a bit more expensive.

Good enough for streaming and most household usage. It's actually unlimited, as opposed to those products that claimed it in the past, but slowed down after you used a certain volume of data.

Monthly option is 200 to 300 baht per month.  The 12 month SIM works out to 117 baht per month

It is not the price , before we paid 1200 baht , it is the service

8 hours ago, kevvy said:

It is not the price , before we paid 1200 baht , it is the service

I have no idea what you mean. If you have a problem with DTAC, then go with one of the other networks.

You need a back-up, even with another terrestrial provider. That way you aren't waiting around for someone to fix the main line.

• Like 1

As Eindhoven has said, get a back up.

I have an Ais sim in my tablet which I use for emails and news.

Top it up a few hundred Baht every couple of months.

If you're not happy with CAT, look at other providers in your area.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Eindhoven said:

I have no idea what you mean. If you have a problem with DTAC, then go with one of the other networks.

You need a back-up, even with another terrestrial provider. That way you aren't waiting around for someone to fix the main line.

I have DTAC on my phone, if the power or internet goes off I just make a hotspot for my iPad or laptop.