Aliexpress payment defaults to US Dollars (USD) instead of Thai Baht (THB)

connda

I'm trying to buy an item from Aliexpess that I can't find on Lazada.

I haven't used Aliexpress before.  I set it up with a Thai shipping address, English as the language, and THB as the purchasing currency. I'll be using a Thai issued Visa card to purchase.  And I've logged in from a Thai ISP address.  Everything about the account says "Thailand" except for English language.

The prices on the shopping site are in THB.  But when I place an item in the cart, the price defaults to US Dollors (USD).  It remains that way even when I'm checking out and using a Thai issued card.  That makes no sense.  I don't want to incur foreign transaction fees using a Thai issued Visa card when forced to only purchase in USD so I cancelled the checkout.

I've tried clearing the browser cache and deleting the cookies.  Log back on.  Change the language Thai. 
It still defaults to USD. Even tried using a different browser.  No joy.

Is this they way Aliexpress works?  Are all purchases in US Dollars only?  None of this seems right.  It should default to THB.  So I'm confused.

I'd consider using a US credit card but there is nowhere to enter a Billing Address.  Only a Shipping Address.  I'd guarantee that the charge would fail if they submit the charge to the US bank with the Thai shipping address.
I'd just go back and use Lazada but I can't get the item I'm trying to buy at the price I want.  Anyway, anyone who uses Aliexpress have any insight into this. 

Edited by connda

I can't even seem to contact Aliexpress.

In their contact page the only option is to send a message using something called Eva.
I type in my message, attach a screenshot, and send it.
I see my message but I get no reply.
If I leave the page the message disappears and there is no record in the message center. 
I've also looked in the Message Center but I see no way to actually send a message. 
Again...I'm confused.  I just want some assistance.

Towards the top of the page there should be a little flag icon (just above the cart symbol). Click it.  It will have three sections, first specifying what country you want to ship to.  Second specifying what language you want to use.  Third specifies what currency you want to pay in.

You can change any of these with a click or two

Hope this helps

Edited by ourdon

Sorry,   You've already done this.  

This is individual to you, mine seems to work just like I set it up

Good luck

Might try erasing and reloading.

Just a thought

Another stupid thought ... Did you hit the SAVE button after you set up the currency?

I always forget.  Once tried to ship something from Seattle to Vancouver and tried to pay in Baht

Edited by ourdon

5 hours ago, ourdon said:

Towards the top of the page there should be a little flag icon (just above the cart symbol). Click it.  It will have three sections, first specifying what country you want to ship to.  Second specifying what language you want to use.  Third specifies what currency you want to pay in.

You can change any of these with a click or two

Hope this helps

This is the problem.  I have those settings set to Thailand/English/THB
Ships to Thailand/English Language/Thai Baht

That's where the problem is.  Even with those set and saved, the checkout still defaults to USD. 

If anyone reads this and knows how to contact a human being at Aliexpress please let me know..

On 7/11/2021 at 4:01 PM, connda said:

I'd consider using a US credit card but there is nowhere to enter a Billing Address.  Only a Shipping Address.  I'd guarantee that the charge would fail if they submit the charge to the US bank with the Thai shipping address.
I'd just go back and use Lazada but I can't get the item I'm trying to buy at the price I want.  Anyway, anyone who uses Aliexpress have any insight into this. 

Edited Sunday at 04:04 PM by connda

I have used a U.S.-based credit card and a Thai shipping address for ordering items from aliexpress. Had the same concern, too, that with a local shipping address for here the charge probably wouldn't go through. But it did, and does, as I've bought many things from aliexpress using that card. Try it out yourself, see what result you get.