UK Thai spouse visa

Hi. I am wanting my Thai wife to come to the UK to live. Is the spouse visa the first step? I am earning over 18.600 and saving my wage slips.  I could do with help and advise on what to do/expect. We are legally married, documents were taken to UK embassy. 

Any help with the process would be welcomed as the government site isn't very clear. Thank you

Simon

17 hours ago, brewsterbudgen said:

Start by checking out this thread:

I have just read through it. One thing I'm still not sure about. We have been married since 2019. Lived together for 1 year in Thailand.  Is the living together for 2 years still applicable? Or is that just for applying as a fiancé? Thank you

6 hours ago, Simes said:

I have just read through it. One thing I'm still not sure about. We have been married since 2019. Lived together for 1 year in Thailand.  Is the living together for 2 years still applicable? Or is that just for applying as a fiancé? Thank you

If you're married she applies as your spouse.  

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Simes said:

The living together for two years option is for those who are not actually married but have been living together for two years or more in a relationship akin to marriage.

You will note in the link BB helpfully provided that "You must be able to prove one of the following"

What you’ll need to prove

You must be able to prove one of the following:

• you’re in a civil partnership or marriage that’s recognised in the UK, or
  • you’ve been living together in a relationship akin to a marriage for at least 2 years when you apply, or
  • you are a fiancé, fiancée or proposed civil partner and will marry or enter into a civil partnership in the UK within 6 months of arriving

7 hours ago, Simes said:

Thank you for the help. Do you know how long the TB test is valid for?

Overview

You’ll need to have a tuberculosis (TB) test if you’re coming to the UK for more than 6 months and are resident in any of these listed countries.

You’ll be given a chest x-ray to test for TB. If the result of the x-ray is not clear you may also be asked to give a sputum sample (phlegm coughed up from your lungs).

If your test shows that you do not have TB, you’ll be given a certificate which is valid for 6 months from the date of your x-ray. Include this certificate with your UK visa application.

https://www.gov.uk/tb-test-visa

• Thanks 1

Another question.

I have 3 months of wage slips. I am wanting to find another job. Do the 6 months of wage slips need to be from the same employer or can I change employment as long as there are no gaps and still meet the salary threshold?

Thank you

5 hours ago, Simes said:

Another question.

I have 3 months of wage slips. I am wanting to find another job. Do the 6 months of wage slips need to be from the same employer or can I change employment as long as there are no gaps and still meet the salary threshold?

Thank you

You can actually use as many employments as you want (for instance, a contractor may work for several different employers over a period of time), but the requirements (either 6 months or 12 months of wage slips) will depend on your type of employment, income, current salary level, evidence of employment from each employer, and more.