Getting A Thai Visa In China ?

Wed 23 June 04

Hi,

I am a new guy.

Anyone have experience obtaining a Thai visa in China?

I am an American working in Guangdong, China. I will be returning to LOS in a couple of months and had planned to apply for a Non-immigrant "B" in Hong Kong. However, I just read the warning on ThaiVisa.com advising to avoid the consulate in Hong Kong as it is a real bummer and often refuses visas. Is that true?

Hong Kong and Guangzhou are equally convenient (or inconvenient) to where I am. Anyone have experience with the Thai consulate in Guangzhou?

Please, I hope you don't tell me that I am better off doing something like applying in Penang on my way to Bangkok ??

And one more question. If I apply for a visa, say, one month before I depart for LOS, is it possible to delay the activation date until I leave so I don't lose a month?

Thanks for any info. Much appreciated.

Aloha,

Rex

Wed 23 June 04

Hi,

I am a new guy.

Anyone have experience obtaining a Thai visa in China?

I am an American working in Guangdong, China. I will be returning to LOS in a couple of months and had planned to apply for a Non-immigrant "B" in Hong Kong. However, I just read the warning on ThaiVisa.com advising to avoid the consulate in Hong Kong as it is a real bummer and often refuses visas. Is that true?

Hong Kong and Guangzhou are equally convenient (or inconvenient) to where I am. Anyone have experience with the Thai consulate in Guangzhou?

Please, I hope you don't tell me that I am better off doing something like applying in Penang on my way to Bangkok ??

And one more question. If I apply for a visa, say, one month before I depart for LOS, is it possible to delay the activation date until I leave so I don't lose a month?

Thanks for any info. Much appreciated.

Aloha,

Rex

Royal Thai Consulate-General

White Swan Hotel

Southern Street

Shamian Island

Guangzhou

Tel ( 8620 ) 8188 6968 Ext 3301 - 3

If it is a single entry Business visa, you have 3 months in which to make entry into Thailand, and the visa period starts on arrival, so you will get a 90 day stamp at the airport when you get to Thailand.

Fri 25 June 04

Thanks for all the replies, guys. I appreciate it.

Has anyone had any personal experience getting a Non-immigrant "B" in Guangzhou? Any difficulties? Can they do it the same day or do you have to come back?

Thanks!

Aloha,

Rex

Fri 25 June 04

Thanks for all the replies, guys. I appreciate it.

Has anyone had any personal experience getting a Non-immigrant "B" in Guangzhou? Any difficulties? Can they do it the same day or do you have to come back?

Thanks!

Aloha,

Rex

It is normally come back tomorrow deal. If it is only a single entry, HongKong will still help you.