Relevancy Of Forum Topics To Thailand

chevykanteve

If TV members are interested in a topic (be it snakes, computers or Indian Army Gurkas), and said members live in Thailand, then I should think that the topic is relevant to Thailand?

I bring up this subject because there is a tendency to (IMHO) arbitrarily stop threads that some TV members, LIVING IN THAILAND, find interesting.

I'll be even blunter: Dear Moderators, Please Define Relevancy As Applicable To The TV Forums.

Actually, the contents of THIS POST is not even 100% relevant to Thailand, per se. Will this post/thread be consequently... "stopped"?

Maybe create a Forum for people with connections to Thailand, but with subjects not relevant to Thailand?

If I was from, lets say Germany, but lived in Thailand. The German tax authorities still wanted to tax me, because I was a German citizen. Nomatter how long I had lived here.

I still think it would have nothing to do with Thailand, even though it had relevance to all other german expats that lived in Thailand.

So, maybe make a Forum for these subjects. Just as the foootball Forum, which also has nothing to do with Thailand.

Might be a silly idea, but at least it is an idea.

I agree with the above posting.

I know this has been discused many times before, but i do feel strongly that there are many things that are of relevance to forum users, that may not strictly be related to Thailand.

If we were to have a section for "international topics" where these things may be discussed.

We have an international community on this forum, and to have a section where people could post things relevant to different countries would enable us all to learn a little more.

Is this something that can be discussed by the moderators?

Is this something we could have a poll on, to determine the support?

We have an international community on this forum, and to have a section where people could post things relevant to different countries would enable us all to learn a little more.

good point IMHO ,

may i add weight to the suggestion .

good point IMHO ,

may i add weight to the suggestion .

Seconded

Regards

Maybe create a Forum for people with connections to Thailand, but with subjects not relevant to Thailand?

There already is one. But you have to earn your spurs.

If you're talking about Bedlam, it's much more of a forum for writing gibberish rather than writing about the kind of international issues that the OP was referring to. If a thread such as that was started there it would inevitably just get ruined by people hijacking it with meaningless waffle.

Anyway, for those who are interested, you have to post 500 times to gain access to it, or join the Thai Visa / Sunbelt football team.

This has been discussed before - the football topics, which are completely irrelevant to Thailand, are in their own football forum, hence they're relevant in there because that forum has been set up for that specific purpose. Ditto for the computers and technology forum, the Visas and migration to other countries forum, and the Jokes forum. If a new forum area for International Topics is created (which I think would be a pretty good idea actually) then that would be the place to post about the Indian Army Gurkas, German taxation issues, etc.

As it is now, if it just goes in General Topics, then that means that potentially anything can be posted there, and the forum quickly loses it's focus and identity. So "ThaiVisa" becomes "AnythingAtAllVisa", if you see what I mean.

I'll be even blunter: Dear Moderators, Please Define Relevancy As Applicable To The TV Forums.

Agreed. The shutting down of the Ghurka and other threads are often done completely arbitrarily according to the whims of whichever mod decides to exercise his power. And yet, many topics that are not even remotely related to Thailand are allowed to thrive. There is an absolute lack of consistency.

Agreed. The shutting down of the Ghurka and other threads are often done completely arbitrarily according to the whims of whichever mod decides to exercise his power. And yet, many topics that are not even remotely related to Thailand are allowed to thrive. There is an absolute lack of consistency.

I agree with you. I can not stand the threads like " what music are you listening to" , "3 word stories "or " add a word" threads that are designed just to get someone post count up. If you want to talk about music then join a music forum!

OK , ranting done.

PKG

On the Bedlam point, maybe I've been unlucky but looking at it, whilst enjoying some of the threads, heavens what does Bojangles do in his spare time :o it doesn't seem to be a conduit for the type of discussion being suggested herein.

Maybe a another forum on a similar qualification basis might be a solution. Though there is always the 'Balkanisation' issue to contend with.

Regards

PS As an aside, Bedlam itself was a popular Sunday afternoon promenading point for people to literally watch the mad.

I agree with you. I can not stand the threads like " what music are you listening to" , "3 word stories "or " add a word" threads that are designed just to get someone post count up. If you want to talk about music then join a music forum!

I think they might all be moved into a separate "games" forum, as has been suggested on a thread in Bedlam somewhere. Hopefully this will happen, as they do clutter the other normal forums up.

I, too, would like a "voice" for those of us who would like to discuss things "not Thai related". Bedlam isn't necessarily always right for that. Only a certain number of people can contribute there. I'd like a non-Thai sub forum, for general/news. I think it would be very popular

Last time I was in Thailand, I saw a Burmese man playing football. So anyone writing about, either Burma or football is relavent.

As I walked passed a music shop, I overheard a Thai, saying 'thats nice music'. So, anyone writing about music in 'three words' is relavent.

I've never seen an Indian Army Gurka, whilst in Thailand, so that's a no no.

Topic Closed

Last time I was in Thailand, I saw a Burmese man playing football. So anyone writing about, either Burma or football is relavent.

As I walked passed a music shop, I overheard a Thai, saying 'thats nice music'. So, anyone writing about music in 'three words' is relavent.

Topic Closed

Mate how can you post something so zzzzzzzzzzz

Anyway, the Nepali guy who was applying for the visa likes Tom Yam!

There are a MILLION and one places to write about whatever you want to that is not Thai related .... why water down <even more> a place for things that are supposed to be Thai related?

Are there a few 'bits of fun' spots on here? YES ....

Those of us that live here listen to music and watch football on TV ... (well ... no football for me!)

Most of what is allowed to exist on here that is NOT fluff ... really is Thai related!

Let's keep it that way :o

Topic Closed

Mate how can you post something so zzzzzzzzzzz

Anyway, the Nepali guy who was applying for the visa likes Tom Yam!

I thought I closed this topic, but it appears, there are people who still don't realise that Mods. rule OK.

Topic well and truly Closed.

We know that Thaivisa Forum has been successful, and will be, because we focus on Thailand. Should we now change our goal and un-focus?

If you wanna discuss German tax laws, or the state of jam on toast, whatever... then there are forums, websites, chat channels dedicated to your topic... other wise the rules clearly state that only topics related to Thailand are encouraged here.

Thanks for your understanding in this matter.

Wolfie, on behalf of...

The Moderator Team

/Thread closed