Dealer discount for 2nd hand bike and transfer to another province

Looking a few bikes at the bigger dealer websites in Bangkok area and have 1 particular bike on my radar... it was listed at 349 k about 8 weeks and recently reduced to 339k,  waiting to transfer money from overseas before i contact them but just wondering what is the normal, if any, negotiation window they have ? would be paying cash and looking to pay about 315k max, so 25k less than asking..... this ok or they will just blank me and stick to listed price... not in a hurry to buy as i already have a bike so can wait.

Also, would be asking to transfer from bkk plates to pattaya and ideally be looking for them to deliver it to Pattaya, is this possible to do without actually going to BKK.... not a huge drama to go but with all this Covid travel BS atm

cheers

Dealer prices are quite fixed, maybe a few thousand, but I doubt you come anywhere near a 25k discount.

If you are willing to pay for it there are of course companies which ship bikes, maybe the dealer knows one, will of course cost a bit as well.

• Like 1

In my experience they dont really want to sell to you for cash so will hold the price (token 2k is average).

What they really want is credit sales with extortinate interest rates they all seem to have.

Some dealers do offer nationwide delivery.

Thats my thoughts anyway.

• Like 2

It depends on dealer, and how long they are trying to sell a bike, I had some dealers who don't have space and buy and sell bikes really quickly offer 10% discount for cash right away, some other ones with big warehouse not move even 5%....(think percentage)...! You can start low and move up, but after your low ball, you have only one chance, a reasonable offer, if give another low ball, they refuse and know you're wasting their time...555

As for transferring plate from BKK to Pattaya , not sure it's worth it, those places are so close, when it comes to selling you might be better off having BKK plate any way, just leave it...(although not sure how easy it is to transfer to your name with certificate of residency from different province...!)

Transfering to your name by them, you need to send all your documents to them to do that, not sure if they need original passport too...! ? Agents usually need that...

As for delivery they all deliver, mostly also accept cash on delivery after receiving some deposit..., but they add the delivery cost on top, although your location is so close, for a bike cost that much they might just wave the cost....

The most important question is, do you want to spend 300k+ without seeing the bike and test driving it...!? 

• Like 1

Get the dealer to deliver to Pattaya, so there is your discount gone. Change plates etc in Pattaya. They may simply leave it as is. 

Or if dealer is good he will transfer to your name and deliver the bike with all paperwork done. 

I currently have two.

One delivered by seller (200kms) and I took all paperwork to DLT locally.

The second from a "dealer|" (35kms) he delivered the bike to my door complete with up-to-date green book.

Both bikes I paid what the seller asked for. Which in both instances seemed fair to me. Free delivery in both cases was a unexpected bonus.

• Like 1