U.S. Donated Pfizer Vaccine to Thailand - Anyone know any specifics on delivery and distribution?

Thomas J

The U.S.A. announced it was donating 80 million doses of vaccine to Thailand with the provision that 20% of them going to non=Thai's.  I don't know if they specifically earmarked those for U.S. citizens living in Thailand or for all expatriates.  Though there was the announcement of the donation, I have seen nothing regarding the anticipated arrival of the vaccine nor how it is expected the vaccine to be distributed and a sign up.  Has anyone seen any follow up that provides further information?

to thailand only 1.5mln pfizer.

no, no conditions from the usa side, just one thai general said, it would be 20% for foreigners, but the next day yet another official lowered to 10%.

sounds like the end of year, although heated discussion about giving them all to medics with only sinovac can point to an imminent delivery. So far 1mln of AZ gift from japan arrived the last saturday.

I would not get exited about any of them

5 minutes ago, internationalism said:

to thailand only 1.5mln pfizer.

Yep, the headline read 80 million donated but later it said 1.5 million to Thailand.  I know it is a long distance from the USA to Thailand but "if" the vaccines are available for distribution in the USA taking months seems to be a long delay. 

they will give with short expiry date or some batches which they seem undesired. Probably end of year.

That's just propaganda exercise. The longer timing the more propaganda effect it has.

Probably most would be delivered in 2022.

Way of teasing china and counter fighting their sinovac diplomacy in around 90 countries