Current rules for international flight arrivals to travel Bangkok to Chiang Mai

scorecard

I'm lost with the latest/current rules.

1.  Can international passengers arriving on semi-commercial flights into Bkk with COE all in order transfer to domestic flights at swampy to fly to CM? (Meaning flights outside of the sandbox program.)

2.  Is quarantine still 14 days for everybody? (Meaning flights outside of the sandbox program.)

3.  Is there any news re quarantine total time/location for international arrivals who can prove

• 2 jabs of Astra Zenica, or
  • 2  jabs of Astra Zenica plus 1 booster jab of Pfizer?  

(Meaning flights outside of the sandbox program.)

4.  Is quarantine at home allowed for farang who can prove they have a family / a home at destination, e.g. name of farang and names of Thai members of same family (same family name) in Tabien Baan book and/or with Certificate of Residency (PR)?  (Meaning flights outside of the sandbox program.)

Please share.

Thanks.

Edited by scorecard

1 No and only after you complete Quarantine(Regular ASQ or Sandbox). Currently all international arrivals not going to PKT SandBox arrive at BKK and then straight to Quarantine.  The days of "domestic" transfer are no more.  I arrived in BKK in mid Feb 2021.  Went to ASQ and then flew domestic to CNX after 15 days. 

2. Yes.

3. No news.  Still 14 days(actually it is 15 days because when you check in it is considered Day Zero).  The only new thing is 3 Covid 19 PCR tests(in Feb 2021 it was only two PCR tests).

4. No such thing as quarantine at home for anyone(even Thai Nationals returning from overseas have to quarantine.)  As of July 1 2021 free quarantine for Thai Nationals was terminated. They have to now pay for Quarantine as well.  

1 hour ago, sqwakvfr said:

1 No and only after you complete Quarantine(Regular ASQ or Sandbox). Currently all international arrivals not going to PKT SandBox arrive at BKK and then straight to Quarantine.  The days of "domestic" transfer are no more.  I arrived in BKK in mid Feb 2021.  Went to ASQ and then flew domestic to CNX after 15 days. 

2. Yes.

3. No news.  Still 14 days(actually it is 15 days because when you check in it is considered Day Zero).  The only new thing is 3 Covid 19 PCR tests(in Feb 2021 it was only two PCR tests).

4. No such thing as quarantine at home for anyone(even Thai Nationals returning from overseas have to quarantine.)  As of July 1 2021 free quarantine for Thai Nationals was terminated. They have to now pay for Quarantine as well.  

Thanks.

Because of other factors my tentative date to arrive in Bkk on an international flight is 10 Dec 2021.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed things will have improved a little by that time re quarantine, but of course not holding my breath.

And telling myself that I will have one good positive point (not affecting total quarantine days) in that I'll have my 2 Astra Zenica shots (here, already done) and I've got a booking for early October for a Pfizer booster, around 2 months before I fly. 

Stay safe.

December and even October are a long time from now.  It may get better in terms of entry into Thailand, it could get worse or stay the same.  Based upon the trajectory of the pandemic it does not look like things will change for the better soon.  I am leavening soon to get vaccinated in the US.  I may or may not attempt a re-entry in October. I am planning to face the exact same entry criteria that is outlined now on the Thai Embassy website in Washington DC.  

3 hours ago, sqwakvfr said:

December and even October are a long time from now.  It may get better in terms of entry into Thailand, it could get worse or stay the same.  Based upon the trajectory of the pandemic it does not look like things will change for the better soon.  I am leavening soon to get vaccinated in the US.  I may or may not attempt a re-entry in October. I am planning to face the exact same entry criteria that is outlined now on the Thai Embassy website in Washington DC.  

Good luck.