Covid Extension Process

Does anybody have any information on the current process on applying for a Covid extension? I am in Bangkok on a tourist visa and am considering applying for the temporary extension of stay, however I don’t see any information about it on the immigration site. I would like to know how it works so I don’t go to the immigration office dumbfounded. 
Example: 

Do I go to the Division 1 building as with regular TR visa extensions? 

Do I have to bring anything specific stating my reason for applying (such as a letter declaring the difficulty of returning to my home country)? 

Or can I just show up and expect to get a Covid extension automatically upon request? 

Thank you for your help. 

• Haha 1

If you entered with a tourist visa issued by a embassy or consulate you will apply for the 60 day covid 19 extension at Chaeng Wattana immigration.

Have you applied for the standard 30 day extension of your 60 day entry yet. If not you will have to apply for it first.

You will need the standard TM7 form with a 4 X 6 cm photo attached. Copies of your passport photo page, visa, arrival  stamp and TM6 departure card. Also this affidavit to state the reasons you need the extension.

60 Day Covid 19 Extension Affidavit.pdf229.8 kB · 501 downloads

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, lanng khao said:

If I was you I would use a reason other than no flights, make it more covid related, I've just got my second one no problems.

What could more covid related than no flights? 

6 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

If you entered with a tourist visa issued by a embassy or consulate you will apply for the 60 day covid 19 extension at Chaeng Wattana immigration.

Have you applied for the standard 30 day extension of your 60 day entry yet. If not you will have to apply for it first.

You will need the standard TM7 form with a 4 X 6 cm photo attached. Copies of your passport photo page, visa, arrival  stamp and TM6 departure card. Also this affidavit to state the reasons you need the extension.

As Joe says.

I've done I think 6 covid extensions at jomtien immigration, since arriving on a TR visa end of Jan 2020. You need the usual extension copies etc as above. And tick the extra affidavit.

You may need to plan to do 3 visits to immigration. 1 to get an "under consideration" stamp. Then 2 more times about 14-21 days later. 1 to drop off your passport. 1 to pick it up the next day with an actual extension stamp. That's my experience at Jomtien, other offices maybe different.

22 minutes ago, madmen said:

What could more covid related than no flights? 

There saying there are flights, say something like you don't want to spend a couple of days in Bangkok getting your covid test done before you fly because of the  escalating covid figures there.

• Thanks 1

"If I was you I would use a reason other than no flights, make it more covid related, I've just got my second one no problems."

I've got a new extention ewery 2 month sins Februar without any problem.
As reson I only put "Covid 19" 
Have joust got a new extention last week, and was at the same time given the papers to fill in, for the next one in 2 month time.

• Like 2

On 7/19/2021 at 7:10 AM, ubonjoe said:

I was there yesterday and the list of docs they ask for is growing; they gave me six forms to fill out (can't even remember what each said!), took copies of other pages of my passport and copies of my yellow book.  So I would advise you go there with all the docs you have re your stay here.  You just don't know what they will ask want from you.

I was there today (20th July) and for the Covid ext it was still the same as usual..... except.......... when all my documents were checked at L27 the IO gave me a form and she ticked the parts that I needed to fill in. It was headed 'Statement' and I filled in the ticked parts but the rest should've been completed by someone like my daughter or wife to confirm that the information (bio data, passport number, address etc) I gave was true. I handed it in with all the other documents at the next booth and the IO there did'nt mention anything about it.

One other document that I handed over was an email print-out from the Phayathai hospital confirming my AZ vaccine appointment. One of the reasons for wanting an extension I entered was that I'd like to be inoculated against Covid before travelling anywhere.

(I asked Phayathai hospital for the email confirmation not just for the immigration but also for should I get stopped by a police checkpoint on the way to getting a jab). 

Edited by bobandyson
  • Like 1