K Bank closed at Chaeng Watanna?

Just a heads up for people needing K Bank services at Chaeng Watanna.

My mate has just called me. He's doing his visa extension today.

He went to get his bank letter and update from K Bank there and found they were closed. He finally found a branch open in Lat Praow.

I'm not sure if this is a temporary thing or not. I don't have any more information.

I think my point is that I'm surprised that the Chaeng Watanna branch is closed baring in mind how many people rely on it for their bank letter for immigration.

Also a warning for anyone that was expecting to use their services on the day they go to do their visa business.

It seems that is not the only bank problem over there.

On Friday I was there and I tried to get money out of an ATM (sorry I don't remember which bank). It didn't work with no clear error message.

Then I tried an ATM from K-Bank. The machine told me they don't have the correct bank notes.

Then I tried another K-Bank ATM machine and that finally worked.

Annoying!

• Like 2

According to Kbank website announcement, yes, the branch at CW is CLOSED. 

The nearest branch is IT Square. It opens at 11am.

However, the past 2 years, CW accepted a bank letter from me dated the day before marriage Non O visa extension.

• Like 2

I understand that some other K Bank branches are open.

The reason I posted was just to give a heads-up to people who intend doing all their business on the same day at Chaeng Watanna.

I, and I'm sure many others had a routine of going to Chaeng Watanna, Getting the bank letter and passbook update, then walk upstairs to join the queue for the extension .

I think we can all agree that it's a stressful enough day, without finding that the branch of the bank you intend using is closed and you have to go hunting for an open branch outside somewhere.

Edited by jaiyenyen
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 7/19/2021 at 1:16 PM, ubonjoe said:

Many banks have closed branches down due to the current stricter "lock down" in Bangkok.

July 21, 2021

Announcement of temporary closed Kasikornbank branches due to Covid-19

https://kasikornbank.com/en/announcement/Pages/covid2019_temporarily_closed_branches.aspx

"Kasikornbank Branches nearby"....alternatives?

• Like 1