Amusing call with 1178 and local IO

With 90 day reporting day being 21st and still "Pending" online,  decided to try 1178 call center. 

25 minutes later someone answered. 

Tried to explain the situation. Submitted on 8th July but not Approved. 

. She kept on about 30 days "under consideration " and I explained this was NOT the case with 90days reporting. 

Eventually suggested I call the local IO...Pathum Thani, or just go there. 

Laughed when I mentioned the stay at home order!!

So, I called PT IO, Same reply. 

Come here now. 

Again, laughter at my suggestion of "staying at home" order starting tomorrow. (Tuesday )

"No problem " 

Both seemed to have no knowledge of this "order"or my desire not to travel and mix with the mob at their office !

So that's it. Go there in person or pay B2000 fine.

What a system !!

• Sad 2
  • Haha 1

26 minutes ago, BritTim said:

I understand your frustration but, if you are in the system and shown as "pending", my recommendation is to wait for another week or two. Some offices can be really slow in reviewing and approving (or rejecting) your report. Since it is clear that you have tried to report, I believe your risk of a fine is low.

Thanks. I submitted on July 8 and deadline is 21st, so do not have another week or two.

Like I said,  I called their office and she m just laughed. 

"Come here and do it "

Great !

3 hours ago, orchidfan said:

Thanks. I submitted on July 8 and deadline is 21st, so do not have another week or two.

"Come here and do it "

Great !

Up to you, but many others have submitted the report in a timely manner and received the acknowledgement after the deadline. You may not be aware that you can officially report in person up to seven days after the report date without penalty.

11 hours ago, orchidfan said:

"Come here and do it "

Great !

If you are not beyond the report date you could cancel the pending report and resubmit it. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ubonjoe said:

If you are not beyond the report date you could cancel the pending report and resubmit it. 

Thanks Joe 

I did think about that (noted that there is a red caution on the Cancel option with "Conditions Apply")

But anyway,  it would just be the exact same info (saved into cache ) on my computer submitted again.

I guess my main point in the post was how useless the 1178 call was (although she spoke good English and was very polite (na ka) and same with.the IO person. 

Neither asker for my Transaction Reference Number to follow or up, and neither appeared to have any idea about the Stay at Home order/request and just laughed it off.

I guess they have all been fully vaccinated, unlike most of us old farangs !!

10 hours ago, BritTim said:

Up to you, but many others have submitted the report in a timely manner and received the acknowledgement after the deadline. You may not be aware that you can officially report in person up to seven days after the report date without penalty.

Thanks Tim, yes am aware of the 7 days etc after many years of living here and doing these stupid 90days reports. 

I guess the main point was their indifference to my query and advice to go to the IO during these times, and apparent ignorance or disregard of the newly issued Stay at Home order/request. 

I won't bother calling the 1178 "helpline" again and waiting 20mins for an English speaker to answer !

• Like 1

Did you do it over the internet? Have you checked on the website? I ask because I did my 90 day on the website as usual, about a month ago. Previously I have got an email saying it is approved, after two or three days, so I download the next appointment. This time no email. but I went on the website anyway, and there it was, approved.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, JohnB1945 said:

Did you do it over the internet? Have you checked on the website? I ask because I did my 90 day on the website as usual, about a month ago. Previously I have got an email saying it is approved, after two or three days, so I download the next appointment. This time no email. but I went on the website anyway, and there it was, approved.

Yes. I always do it on the website from my computer where the data is pre~stored.

After 12 days (today) finally got the email and viola, yes sude6nly Approved. 

I feeling increasingly that my calls to 1178 and direct to the local immigration office promoted the action. (Although I wasn't asked for my name or TRN by either party )

So I guess the point of my original post was their apparent disregard of the "stay at home" order

????

20 hours ago, Caldera said:

I have no idea why anyone bothers with 90 days reports at the best of times, let alone now. If mine didn't work online, I wouldn't waste any extra time and effort on them and just pay the fine later. This is NOT the time for unnecessary immigration visits.

Immigration office and those officers are definitely not a safe place to visit during a raging pandemic.

I bet the employees are just as unhappy and would prefer the government to defer any visits until things level off a bit.

2000 baht fine is better than a dose of COVID-19!

• Like 1

21 hours ago, BritTim said:

I understand your frustration but, if you are in the system and shown as "pending", my recommendation is to wait for another week or two. Some offices can be really slow in reviewing and approving (or rejecting) your report. Since it is clear that you have tried to report, I believe your risk of a fine is low.

You should count your self lucky that you even got some one to answer at all. At times I have tried for 2 hours. Dont know why they call it the "hot line". 

On 7/19/2021 at 8:56 AM, BritTim said:

There have been no reports that I have seen of fine being waived because someone made an online report that was not accepted. No receipt of accepatance of 90 day report = a fine.

With my IO, if it isn't accepted in a few days, it never is - I have some that have been in pending stats for 2 or more years. Some other IOs may act after al onger period biut 2 weeks is rerally a long time.

I advise OP to go in person.

This week I had to go in person to report 90 days to Pathum Thani.

After get sequence number waited outside. Just 3 people waiting. Waited little bit only when my number was called.

IO collected passport, TM47 and old 90D report and told me to wait outside the little office (A).

Came back within 1 minute with new 90D report attached to my passport.

I already told IO that online is not working for me, and asked if they can fix this.

IO browsed thru few pages in my passport, and said "all ok now". 555.

Will see next time when try online, but guess will go in person again in October.