Ash or Beech timber required

sprog11

Hi everyone, I'm new to this forum & this is my first post. I hope I have the right forum.

I'm looking for some Ash or Beech, or any pale wood to make some chairs to match a rubber wood table we have just made.

size of L8' x W8"x 1 1/4 or 1 1/2.

I don't want rubber wood for chairs because I think finger joints are to weak for chairs.

I live in the Buriram area, but has long has I can get it delivered, any area will do.

Thanks everyone, stay safe 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, sprog11 said:

Hi everyone, I'm new to this forum & this is my first post. I hope I have the right forum.

I'm looking for some Ash or Beech, or any pale wood to make some chairs to match a rubber wood table we have just made.

size of L8' x W8"x 1 1/4 or 1 1/2.

I don't want rubber wood for chairs because I think finger joints are to weak for chairs.

I live in the Buriram area, but has long has I can get it delivered, any area will do.

Thanks everyone, stay safe 

The only easy place is Bangkok Bang Po soi 24, unless you can find anyone who has large eucalyptus that isn’t designed for the pulp mills. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, sometimewoodworker said:

The only easy place is Bangkok Bang Po soi 24, unless you can find anyone who has large eucalyptus that isn’t designed for the pulp mills. 

Thanks Jerome,

That is where I normally get it from, but with Covid's I can't travel there. We have phone No.s of where we had from before, but every time we phone they say they don't stock it & never have. So I'm banging my head on the wall. I know I have bought from them & still got 1 board of Beech 

13 hours ago, sprog11 said:

Thanks Jerome,

That is where I normally get it from, but with Covid's I can't travel there. We have phone No.s of where we had from before, but every time we phone they say they don't stock it & never have. So I'm banging my head on the wall. I know I have bought from them & still got 1 board of Beech 

Try Google street view you may see phone numbers or your Thai helper can use directory enquiries. The timber merchant that has imported spices is on the left, almost the first shop on the left

• Like 1