dog microship price in thailand ? how much did you pay to chip your dog and where please ?

hi boys, dog microship price in thailand ? how much did you pay to chip your dog and where please ?

and can you buy a reader to be sure that the chip is still working ? how much also ?

thank you to all for all your replies.

1. Rabies control office, Bangkok Veterinary Clinic, Din Daeng: 02-245-3311
  2. Public Health Center 21 Wat Thatthong: 02-391-6082 / 02-381-6659
  3. Public Health Center 23 Si Phraya: 02-236-4055, Ext. 213
  4. Public Health Center 24 Bang Khen: 02-579-1342
  5. Public Health Center 29 Chom Thong: 02-476-6493 / 02-468-2570
  6. Public Health Center 33 Wat Hong Rattanaram: 02-472-5895-6, Ext. 109
  7. Public Health Center 43 Min Buri: 02-914-5822 / 02-543-7334
  8. Bangkok Veterinary Clinic 7, Bangkok Noi: 02-411-2432           All these do micro chippingI  believe
  • Like 1

53 minutes ago, alesaldana said:

As other users stated, in Thailand is not mandatory (like it is in most European countries), however, if you are going to travel abroad with your dog, it is required for the passport.

It may have changed but when I did this around 4 years ago there were 2 different types of chips. 

The OP needs to make sure if he ever intends to send the dog elsewhere that he opts for the type used internationally or that can be read by the scanners generally used elsewhere.

I would just go and ask in your local vet.

• Haha 1

The price for chipping is not much as I already stated. 

However, the price for the proof of rabies test was about 10.000 Baht, because it has to come from an approved lab. And those labs are in EU. So the blood has to send there and the result will go to your vet after 1 month. 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, sawadee1947 said:

The price for chipping is not much as I already stated. 

However, the price for the proof of rabies test was about 10.000 Baht, because it has to come from an approved lab. And those labs are in EU. So the blood has to send there and the result will go to your vet after 1 month. 

rabbies test for what ?!

7 hours ago, scoupeo said:

rabbies test for what ?!

Possibly he was looking to export his dog(s) somewhere and hence it would be needed. Many dog owners don't bother to chip their pets unless they are planning to send them out of the country as it is not required in Thailand.

Perhaps you could explain why you find so many of the replies on this thread as "amusing"?

On 7/23/2021 at 12:27 PM, sawadee1947 said:

In case you would like to travel to EU with your dog as I did. 

I am going to take my dogs to a EU country next year. I thought proof of rabies vaccination was enough? Could you please give me more information? 

12 hours ago, UTH001 said:

I am going to take my dogs to a EU country next year. I thought proof of rabies vaccination was enough? Could you please give me more information? 

In case you are able to enter EU (covid) you have to have the proof within 3 months prior to departure. Meaning not older than 3 month when you enter EU. 

• Thanks 1