Two COVID-infected people on their way home for treatment killed in road accident

webfact

086DA5D6-3BA7-46FE-B9D6-4E85FC6A8520.jpg

Two people were killed and four others injured in a road accident in Thailand’s central province of Suphan Buri yesterday (Wednesday), as they were heading for home to the northern province of Phayao for treatment for COVID-19 infections.

The pickup truck, in which the six relatives were travelling from Bangkok, smashed into a roadside tree on Highway 340 in Wang Namsap sub-district of Sri Prachan district, Suphan Buri province.

Two of them died instantly, while four others were injured, including a boy who sustained serious injuries and was rushed to Chao Phraya Yommaraj Hospital for treatment.  The three others were admitted to Sri Prachan district hospital.

Full story: https://www.thaipbsworld.com/two-covid-infected-people-on-their-way-home-for-treatment-killed-in-road-accident/

Logo-top-.png
  • Sad 3
  • Haha 1

Good grief. Bangkok covid infected people travelling 'home'...and people wonder how they get infected. Sorry these people died and some ended up in hospital, but for goodness sake. 

Shop is shut in the village in which I live. Bloke came back from Ubon and was tested. Went drinking with friends, as is the case for most returnees here. Have to have a party. One of his drinking buddies came to the shop in our village, bought some whiskey, returned to drinking. 2 days later, the returnee gets told he is Covid possitive. Proverbial <deleted> hits fan. 

Shop shut, shop keeper in isolation, the deputy head cheese, who went to see the shop keeper after the guy bought the whiskey went to a birthday party after. Every one there and their families are pooping their pants.I

All because...granted he didn't know, but stay the <deleted> where you are. 

• Thanks 1

2 dead confirmed infected, kid seriously injured taken to hospital to possibly spread the virus to people with underlying conditions.

The others? Did they continue their journey? 

Did they complete it via bus, taxi, lift from strangers or did family and friends collect them?

And they wonder why so many people are getting infected ?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, hotchilli said:

Six in a pick-up with two confirmed with Covid... do people not understand?

Yes, how many first responders and hospital staff subsequently entered voluntary 14 day quarantine I wonder. I do hope that there are people in self quarantine now because it is  the only way out of the current situation is for people to start excercising personal responsibility in regards to infection control. RIP to those deceased.

2 hours ago, Almer said:

So people had covid and were returning to there village but others were happy to travel with them, wake up people of Los

Read the link. All six had the virus to spread among their family.

An official of the Samerkan Suphan Buri Foundation said that all six victims tested positive for COVID-19. 

Edited by Bangkok Barry
  • Like 1

Clearly covid killed them, let's make sure that the records reflect this, just like the guy 40-year-old guy who dropped dead in the middle of Sukhumvit a couple of days ago. 

6 hours ago, crazykopite said:

I read this morning of some Thai professor saying that Covid ceases when the effected person dies so why are there people dressed up in hazard suits ? RIP to the deceased 

They're not breathing, so obviously they're not spreading it, but surely the insides of the car were coated in the stuff. Would you not wear protective gear?

16 hours ago, Dont confuse me said:

2 dead confirmed infected, kid seriously injured taken to hospital to possibly spread the virus to people with underlying conditions.

The others? Did they continue their journey? 

Did they complete it via bus, taxi, lift from strangers or did family and friends collect them?

And they wonder why so many people are getting infected ?

15 hours ago, Bangkok Barry said:

Read the link. All six had the virus to spread among their family.

An official of the Samerkan Suphan Buri Foundation said that all six victims tested positive for COVID-19. 

Bangkok Barry, i did read the link and it clearly states , people also travelled but were unaware they were infected with Covid.

15 hours ago, Aussieroaming said:

Yes, how many first responders and hospital staff subsequently entered voluntary 14 day quarantine I wonder. I do hope that there are people in self quarantine now because it is  the only way out of the current situation is for people to start excercising personal responsibility in regards to infection control. RIP to those deceased.

And for the government to show some backbone and prosecute offenders who are causing huge problems for those who are complying. 

• Thanks 1

On 7/22/2021 at 4:24 PM, crazykopite said:

I read this morning of some Thai professor saying that Covid ceases when the effected person dies so why are there people dressed up in hazard suits ? RIP to the deceased 

And when does covid magically disappear, at 1 or 30 second, 1 minute, 5 minutes, maybe this professor should test his theory instead of just talking about it.