CNX Airport-Closed

sqwakvfr

You dont read news ? Domestic flight in BKK are not allowed right now! Who cares if doors locked or not if any flight not come or go! There is popular 711 inside?

Edited by 2 is 1
  • Haha 1

What is "soon"? You can check again in beginning of August. But don't be too optimistic.

This thread gives you some idea:

https://aseannow.com/topic/1224957-all-quiet-at-airports-in-13-deep-red-zones-chiang-mai-has-no-passengers-for-first-time-in-100-years/

"Nice" video.

BTW: the subtitles say "closed for 14 days".

Seems they know more...

Pandemic over?

Sorry, but what country do you refer to?

Edited by KhunBENQ

What is "soon"? You can check again in beginning of August. But don't be too optimistic.

This thread gives you some idea:

https://aseannow.com/topic/1224957-all-quiet-at-airports-in-13-deep-red-zones-chiang-mai-has-no-passengers-for-first-time-in-100-years/

"Nice" video.

BTW: the subtitles say "closed for 14 days".

Seems they know more...

Pandemic over?

Sorry, but what country do you refer to?

Sorry, I did not mean to offend you.   I apologize for not being as aware and smart as your are, Khun BengQ.

On 7/22/2021 at 8:05 PM, sqwakvfr said:

Sorry, I did not mean to offend you.   I apologize for not being as aware and smart as your are, Khun BengQ.

Don't worry, there will always be some sarcastic people who read the news everyday. Not all of us read the news that often.

It's almost like a ghost town in every tourist spot. 

Edited by EricTh
  • Haha 1

I understand that Nok-Air operated a rare flight from Utapao (Rayong is currently a red-zone province) to CNX last night, I saw it take-off on flightradar24, and it arrived 18.40 at CNX.

Can anybody confirm, if one were to book their next flight on Wednesday 28th, what is required of travellers flying-in to Chiang Mai ?  I'd be hoping to just take a taxi home, and to self-isolate there, for 14-days  ...  basically what I'd intend to do anyway !

37 minutes ago, Ricardo said:

I understand that Nok-Air operated a rare flight from Utapao (Rayong is currently a red-zone province) to CNX last night, I saw it take-off on flightradar24, and it arrived 18.40 at CNX.

Can anybody confirm, if one were to book their next flight on Wednesday 28th, what is required of travellers flying-in to Chiang Mai ?  I'd be hoping to just take a taxi home, and to self-isolate there, for 14-days  ...  basically what I'd intend to do anyway !

Daily service to UTP started yesterday. 

219869807_1128721404303028_1998621162783797915_n.jpg

On 7/22/2021 at 7:01 PM, sqwakvfr said:

I thought the Pandemic was going to over by now???

just getting started. we are on a roll now. 

dead bodies in the street are not contagious. 

check Nok Air.

Edited by NCC1701A
  • Haha 1

In terms of getting to BKK from CNX during the domestic flight ban I have some bad news:  Nok Air has suspended domestic  flights at least until August 31.  I called Thai Smile and officially they are supposed to start flying on Aug 4 but unofficially the company representative said realistically they will not start flying until August 15(of course subject to change).  However I did notice VietJet has a single daily flight from CNX to BKK but they fare is close to 6000 Baht for a one way.  

I have not driven a vehicle in Thailand and checked with Hertz Thailand and they require at least a 3 day rental if I want to pickup at CNX and drop off at BKK.  

I have yet to find a private driver willing to take me to BKK from CNX?  Any referrals would be greatly appreciated.

9 minutes ago, sqwakvfr said:

In terms of getting to BKK from CNX during the domestic flight ban I have some bad news:  Nok Air has suspended domestic  flights at least until August 31.  I called Thai Smile and officially they are supposed to start flying on Aug 4 but unofficially the company representative said realistically they will not start flying until August 15(of course subject to change).  However I did notice VietJet has a single daily flight from CNX to BKK but they fare is close to 6000 Baht for a one way.  

I have not driven a vehicle in Thailand and checked with Hertz Thailand and they require at least a 3 day rental if I want to pickup at CNX and drop off at BKK.  

I have yet to find a private driver willing to take me to BKK from CNX?  Any referrals would be greatly appreciated.

Not used them myself but have heard good reports from Red Ride taking customers to Bangkok recently. Based locally, check their Facebook page

Greenwich Boy, thank you for the tip on Red Ride.  I messaged them and got a prompt reply.  7000 from CNX to BKK is a good price.  Red said they believe the domestic flight ban will be until Sep 2?  I tend to believe that based upon the Covid 19 numbers.  Once again your tip may have just saved my VAX trip back to the USA.