Sports Minister Attends Olympics Opening

snoop1130

E65mTLNVgAAVQ6r-1.jpg

BANGKOK, July 23 (TNA)- Tourism and Sports Minister Phiphat Ratchakitprakarn attends the opening ceremony of Tokyo Olympics at Tokyo’s National Stadium today.

Japanese emperor Naruhito and national leaders will be at the opening ceremony of Tokyo 2020 Olympics. Mr Phiphat, as the representative of the Thai government, left for Tokyo yesterday.

Full Story: https://tna.mcot.net/english-news-744985

tnalogo.jpg

1 hour ago, snoop1130 said:

Tourism and Sports Minister Phiphat Ratchakitprakarn attends the opening ceremony of Tokyo Olympics at Tokyo’s National Stadium today.

why? what for?  waste of time and money....ohhh no, just realized he's TAT's boss, I am sure he's proposing a new gimmick /sandbox type BS to the Japanese, quite sure they will Not fall for it   555

P.S: the above comment may have sarcasm intent

I am sorry for the Japanese; I imagine that 6 years ago, when their country was chosen, they were very happy ; then spent a lot of money to prepare, then postponed last year and this year no spectators , no money and fear of Covid 

Olympic games in empty stadiums, how sad ! 

2 hours ago, Mavideol said:

why? what for?  waste of time and money....ohhh no, just realized he's TAT's boss, I am sure he's proposing a new gimmick /sandbox type BS to the Japanese, quite sure they will Not fall for it   555

P.S: the above comment may have sarcasm intent

Nah.. most likely went for the soapland.. ????

Edited by kotsak

7 hours ago, Aforek said:

I am sorry for the Japanese; I imagine that 6 years ago, when their country was chosen, they were very happy ; then spent a lot of money to prepare, then postponed last year and this year no spectators , no money and fear of Covid 

Olympic games in empty stadiums, how sad ! 

Yes, no foreign tourists coupled with no local audience (tickets sales) must have been a hard hit. They'll get TV deals cuts but still, they got ripped off badly. That's one more factor to take into account for future candidates.

Australia had 132,721 people sign a petition to try and get a State Premier denied an extension to go, but surprise surprise, as if she gave a <deleted>.

"The people of Australia believe the Queensland Government should lead by example. We hereby petition for Annastacia Palaszczuk to be DENIED the right to leave Australia at this time until she increases Hotel Quarantine capacity to such an extent that she will not take up a space that could have gone to a Stranded Australian.

Annastacia Palaszczuk should not be allowed to steal a precious hotel quarantine space from a more deserving Stranded Australian trying to return home. DENY her the ability to do so."

https://www.change.org/p/australian-border-force-deny-annastacia-palaszczuk-an-exemption-to-leave-australia-to-attend-the-tokyo-olympics

Edited by Salerno

11 hours ago, kotsak said:

I love those japanese transparent masks. Where can we find them?

My son went to pub in Aus for lunch and everyone has to wear a mask inside. He has this tshirt that says 'Take some cement and harden the <deleted> up' in big letters. The bounce came up and asked him to change his inappropriate tshirt. He said " Ben, that tshirt is inappropriate, you'll have to change it." Ben said 'I have my mask on, how do you know it's Ben?' 

Doesn't sound funny now I reread this but was funny at the time. ????

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Salerno said:

Australia had 132,721 people sign a petition to try and get a State Premier denied an extension to go, but surprise surprise, as if she gave a <deleted>.

"The people of Australia believe the Queensland Government should lead by example. We hereby petition for Annastacia Palaszczuk to be DENIED the right to leave Australia at this time until she increases Hotel Quarantine capacity to such an extent that she will not take up a space that could have gone to a Stranded Australian.

Annastacia Palaszczuk should not be allowed to steal a precious hotel quarantine space from a more deserving Stranded Australian trying to return home. DENY her the ability to do so."

https://www.change.org/p/australian-border-force-deny-annastacia-palaszczuk-an-exemption-to-leave-australia-to-attend-the-tokyo-olympics

Well it's a classic case of torn between a rock and a hard place.

Aussies should be allowed to return to their country, but the way the virus gets into the country is via the infrastructure around returned travellers.

So stop the travellers, stop the virus, but you can't do that so try and limit the virus getting into the country. 

That said, Queensland and Aus are wanting the Olympic Games in 11 years and it would have been quite odd for the political leader of Queensland not to present her final summation of the reasons for Queensland to get the games before the final vote of which country gets the games.

Of course she should have gone to Japan.

Of course more Aussies should be allowed to travel back to Aus.

Of course there will be more virus with more travellers.

So what do you do? 

Rock and hard place.

Of course she should have gone to Japan.

Of course more Aussies should be allowed to travel back to Aus.

Of course there will be more virus with more travellers.

So what do you do? 

Rock and hard place.

ROCK ON

• Haha 1

15 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

Japanese emperor Naruhito and national leaders will be at the opening ceremony of Tokyo 2020 Olympics. Mr Phiphat, as the representative of the Thai government, left for Tokyo yesterday.

Peace at last.

4 hours ago, carlyai said:

My son went to pub in Aus for lunch and everyone has to wear a mask inside. He has this tshirt that says 'Take some cement and harden the <deleted> up' in big letters. The bounce came up and asked him to change his inappropriate tshirt. He said " Ben, that tshirt is inappropriate, you'll have to change it." Ben said 'I have my mask on, how do you know it's Ben?' 

It sounds like an Ozzy Embassy joke. ????

5 hours ago, Gandtee said:
10 hours ago, carlyai said:

Expand  

It sounds like an Ozzy Embassy joke. ????

In the Bunyip Bar after we all got drunk?