Alibaba Kitchen Import (Personal Kitchen)

I'm just wondering if anybody has had any experience with this. Essentially if it's price competitive and any specific problems relating to Thailand.  

I have ordered flat pack/DIY kitchens in Australia before which was an excellent experience.

Thanks

38 minutes ago, 1 said:

I'm just wondering if anybody has had any experience with this. Essentially if it's price competitive and any specific problems relating to Thailand.  

If you don’t post a link to a product that you are asking about, few if any people will bother to research it. 

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, sometimewoodworker said:

If you don’t post a link to a product that you are asking about, few if any people will bother to research it. 

It's actually a custom-made kitchen and it doesn't have a specific to link. People who have had Direct experience will know what I'm talking about, otherwise any information provided is probably not very worthwhile. Thanks

Alibaba is similar to AliExpress, banggood, lazada, eBay etc it is an aggregator of a variety of suppliers many of them using the same English names, this means that your question doesn’t contain enough information for any sensible assistance with the product you are looking at or for.

In general products from China arrive within a reasonable time though they are sometimes damaged in transit.

Edited by sometimewoodworker
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Saanim said:

There is a high-end company Bunthavorn with kitchens, also custom-made, bathrooms, and many more...  

Thanks for that but I'm really interested in experience that people have had with the company Alibaba a wholesale trading platform based in China.

On 7/24/2021 at 10:48 PM, 1 said:

Thanks for that but I'm really interested in experience that people have had with the company Alibaba a wholesale trading platform based in China.

I doubt that you can find many in Thailand who order a custom made kitchen from China via Alibaba, when there are so many local companies with complete service including measurement on the site and final assembly. And you will pay the remaining balance only if you are happy with the final product. Even if perhaps not so cheap as advertised on Alibaba.

However, when the things arrive from China, what to do when it is not as advertised and the assembly does not properly fit?

Experience with wonderful prices of Chinese companies as offered in wholesale volume business on Alibaba have been made by many oversee buyers - when looking for new suppliers. After the first delivery many of them come to Thailand even if they have to pay more.

Alibaba is more of a wholesale branch of AliExpress,on Alibaba

most products you have to buy say 10- 1000 , what are the reviews

for the product you want, they still may not be true though.

you are going to be charged taxes,import duties Etc , Etc. 

Good luck.

regards Worgeordie

• Thanks 1

An import to Thailand is not that easy. If from China and if with zero tax, you have to get from the exporter a special Form E that will bear all details as the other shipping documents, even with the same spelling mistakes.  Then a chosen shipping agency in Bkk (nominated by the importer) will provide the customs clearance and the transport to your place. That of course is not free of charge, the various handling fees differ from agency to agency.

• Thanks 1

I ordered something from Alibaba, they said five to six days, then extended, then extended again. Today they have told me they can't deliver, but would like me to pay half the shipping costs. This is a large and supposedly reputable company.

1 hour ago, Smithson said:

"Thanks for that but I'm really interested in experience that people have had with the company Alibaba a wholesale trading platform based in China."

A very poor experience

There are zillions of Chinese companies shipping to the world, mainly to US and EU volume consumer goods, majority organized by Alibaba. The containers arriving yearly to US could encircle few times the globe if given on a train. What a general experience do you expect to get? And in Thailand?   

3 minutes ago, Saanim said:

There are zillions of Chinese companies shipping to the world, mainly to US and EU volume consumer goods, majority organized by Alibaba. The containers arriving yearly to US could encircle few times the globe if given on a train. What a general experience do you expect to get? And in Thailand?   

My experience is in the post above yours. I doubt the majority of exports from China originate from Alibaba. When I tried to import legally, they were always trying to get me to do it using dodgy methods. Almost all of the sales reps tried to get me off Alibaba and onto Whatsapp, which is against the rules, as it's easy to scam. Nonetheless they are all still listed as sales reps.

The site doesn't seem to have a proper feedback/review system.

20 hours ago, Smithson said:

My experience is in the post above yours. I doubt the majority of exports from China originate from Alibaba. When I tried to import legally, they were always trying to get me to do it using dodgy methods. Almost all of the sales reps tried to get me off Alibaba and onto Whatsapp, which is against the rules, as it's easy to scam. Nonetheless they are all still listed as sales reps.

The site doesn't seem to have a proper feedback/review system.

Of course, many try to dodge the system and deal without Alibaba. Different than Amazon.  Many of them just use Alibaba for advertising and getting into the direct contact. But it does not change anything whether to trust or not. Unless the volume importer has got a long term relation with that company. 

Still, the volume of Alibaba business is huge anyway. It's not so surprising when knowing that the whole world is supplied by China - especially consumer goods, (70, 80, 90%?).

Currently, all ships from Asia to US and EU are fully booked, Thai exporters eagerly waiting on few vacancies in Singapore, to add their container coming from China.  

^ In my case from five companies, five reps wanted to take me out of Alibaba. I've never experienced this with other buying/selling platforms. I would be wary of dealing with any company so willing to break the rules.

Ebay, Amazon, Trip Advisor etc. all have good feedback systems, but Alibaba doesn't seem to.

If you go ahead and import, pls post your experience here.