So did my Covid extension yesterday

17 minutes ago, Jackie66 said:

And there was also some news this week about that you should do your extension no more than 3 days before expiry

That is for the Chaeng Wattana immigration office.

• Like 2

Thats interesting and lucky, because  everytime I go I have to make several trips. First go apply, then take a number and comeback the next day.  Then I get the Under consideration stamp,  and have to comback on a certain  date, at that time i get another stamp.  So far its been an approve stamp but it works out that I have to go in once a month.  Two stamps is filling up the book faster than it should.

• Haha 1

28 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

The OP was at the Muang Thong Thani office (MTT) in Bangkok.

Do you know if division 1 or division 2 in bangkok require a passport photo or do they just take your picture as well?

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, dj230 said:

Do you know if division 1 or division 2 in bangkok require a passport photo or do they just take your picture as well?

Division 1 us for all of Bangkok. At one time they were calling Chaeng Wattana sub division 2. Division 2 is for the airports.

As far as I know every office requires a 4 X 6 cm photo for the TM7 form.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

Division 1 us for all of Bangkok. At one time they were calling Chaeng Wattana sub division 2. Division 2 is for the airports.

As far as I know every office requires a 4 X 6 cm photo for the TM7 form.

wow you saved me a face palm, was about to go to division 2, new to bangkok and figured you could go to any immigration office

thanks a ton

• Haha 1

I live in Chiangmai. Not sure where you were doing yours. You mentioned a new location, so that to me meant Promenada, but you mentioned CW... and I have no idea where that is, so I'm guessing you're not in Chiangmai. At any rate, I did mine the other day and it took probably less than an hour or thereabout. I went at around 1400 or 1430.
I think every immigration office does thing differently... surprise, surprise. Not that doing national government business uniformly should be expected in different locations ????  Process was the same as you mentioned with
some differences:
They did ask me to come back in 14 or 15 days for a stamp,
They did not give me any paperwork for any possible next extension,

They did tell me that there is no need to do a 90-day report w/ the extension,
They did not say a word about any kind of time period to apply prior to a possible new 60-day extension, nor did I see anything posted regarding such.

• Haha 1

On 7/24/2021 at 11:42 AM, audaciousnomad said:

Same-same!  Was there at 8:30 and out by 9:15.  Bangkok has never required a 90-day report for these covid extensions.  But they do ask for TM30.  Yeah, I was surprised they pre-printed extension applications and handed back your passport with the forms ready for your next extension in a couple months.  I guess they know we'll all be back to extend again! #NotLeavingLOS   ????

Or maybe they'll figure out how to make an app that works so people won't have gather in large crowds.

• Haha 1