Orchid Gym

ramrod711

I arrived at the Orchid gym this morning, was told that the pool was closed. My wife had told me last night that it may happen so it wasn't a huge surprise. The gym was open though so I did a few weights and started cardio on the treadmill. A couple that was obviously staying at the hotel came in and began to use the adjacent treadmills Which are less than one metre apart. I thought, it's a bit odd that you can't swim in a large pool all by yourself, but it's ok to be in a crowd of people sweating and breathng heavily. Might be ok if it was an orgy in a time of no covid but it isn't, so I left. 

• Like 1

Might want to consider going when this gym opens up(I have heard they open at 0600?).  I come from a place(Southern California) where some gyms used open at 0430.  Even at this time there were a handful of people working out.  LOS is the only country that I have seen where a gym opens at 1000.  Anyway "different stroke for different folks"??

4 hours ago, orang37 said:

I thought all gyms were closed due to the latest red-zone restrictions.

If the Orchid gym is open, great. Did you happen to notice if their sauna was working ?

They have seperate saunas at the Orchid, the attendant usually turns them on in the morning. I called the manager today and the gym is open, as far as he knows it is open tomorrow as well. The pool will remain closed however.

Edited by ramrod711
  • Thanks 1

Gyms are still allowed to open (though, if they have pools, the pool must be closed entirely).  The only current gym regulation is that they must close by 9:00PM.

We'll see if that continues... gyms could be ordered to shut at any time, like they were for an extended period twice already since the start of the outbreak.  It's a shame- they've been hit hard- I know of one that's closed and another that's in the process of shutting down, and I'm sure there are others.

Edited by flare
  • Like 2

59 minutes ago, flare said:

Gyms are still allowed to open (though, if they have pools, the pool must be closed entirely).  The only current gym regulation is that they must close by 9:00PM.

We'll see if that continues... gyms could be ordered to shut at any time, like they were for an extended period twice already since the start of the outbreak.  It's a shame- they've been hit hard- I know of one that's closed and another that's in the process of shutting down, and I'm sure there are others.

Orchid gym running on minimal staff, I doubt it would be open at all if it wasn't part of hotel amenities. I've been a member since 2007 and never seen so few people using the facility. As you say, all the gyms have been hit hard, I think the hotel gyms will recover when people can travel again but some of the private ones may find it more difficult.

• Thanks 1