Are the governor of Chonburi and the Mayor of Pattaya doing enough to procure vaccines for its citizens

jippytum

Chonburi has a population of 1.5 million .Pattaya 120,000 . Not huge compared to Bangkok and the surrounding provinces.However some provinces seem equipped and organized enough  to offer the vulnerable members of their provinces  a system to obtain a vaccination in an orderly manner . Unlike the dangerous

mass gatherings without any social distancing  at vaccination centers in Bangkok.

I have yet to see a website offering a system to book an appointment  for a vaccination appointment at a location  in Pattaya or Chonburi provided by city hall.

Chonburi would appear to be well down the list of locations offered vaccine supplies by the government for high risk residents.

There is much publicity regarding the reopening of popular locations to tourists  .Including Pattaya.This will not be possible until the local population are protected. Most people are patient .However would it not be considerate to appease and offer some comfort to the local population in a red zone under lock down  by providing a website allowing local residents to book an appointment in advance to receive a vaccination locally when a  further supply of vaccine is available .

• Haha 1

I think  that they are doing their best in the light of a central government with a fixation on Bangkok. They are both saying all the right things and, at least in Pattaya, are also doing what they can for their  local citizens. 

• Haha 1

I avoid direct criticism of the government here, local or national, but there has been a national policy to concentrate mostly on Bangkok and the Phuket sandbox with a very limited supply of vaccines. Pattaya isn't in Bangkok or Phuket. 

9 hours ago, Meat Pie 47 said:

Not true 2 of my friends had 2 shots of AstraZeneca and my other friend is registered

Locally?  I have heard of only ONE Pattaya vaccine initiative for foreigners & that died a death after two days as the supply dried up.

1 hour ago, jacko45k said:

Effort is measured by results..... I see none. 

Yes, like trying to get air with a noose round the neck.

Germany’s health minister Jens Spahn last week pushed back hard against pleas to “free the vaccines”, arguing that for companies like BioNTech – the developer of the Pfizer jab – it was “the first time that they actually make a profit”.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/coronavirus-vaccine-wto-intellectual-property-b1890943.html