Validity of a Re-Entry Permit

How does immigration or anyone know whether a re-entry permit is valid or not?

This is the re-entry permit I currently have in my passport. It is exactly the same as the re-entry permit from a prior year that I used. The previous permit dot not have an immigration stamp but it has been used.

It seems that immigration does not stamp a Re-entry permit when returning to Thailand?

Reentry.jpg.2b7581ed62fe4e11202e392789bbabd3.jpg

If I left Thailand say 6 months ago and I returned, the REP would look the same as this one, there would be no immigration stamp on it to say it has been used.

There is no stamp on a REP I used 

It seems that Immigration does not stamp an REP when entering the country.

6 minutes ago, houstoniron said:

It seems that Immigration does not stamp an REP when entering the country.

They do not need to see a stamp stating it was used since your previous arrival stamp will show it was used.

I returned to Thailand this pas5 June 26 using my re-entry permit.  The IO did stamp it “USED”.  This must be something new.  I returned to Thailand March 2020, just before the borders were shut down.  At that time my re-entry permit was not stamped “USED”.  I also noticed that the entry stamp is different.

D475E320-4384-4E25-9C47-7DD5586E5789.jpeg46E2FA19-0A62-47EC-8514-6CDEF9C3E947.jpeg

12 hours ago, statman78 said:

I returned to Thailand this pas5 June 26 using my re-entry permit.  The IO did stamp it “USED”.  This must be something new.  I returned to Thailand March 2020, just before the borders were shut down.  At that time my re-entry permit was not stamped “USED”.  I also noticed that the entry stamp is different.

D475E320-4384-4E25-9C47-7DD5586E5789.jpeg46E2FA19-0A62-47EC-8514-6CDEF9C3E947.jpeg

Thank you for posting the new arrival stamp. I am adding it to my album for future reference.

For anyone not familiar with the previous stamp, here is an example:

GjX6ummsmV2yGRNNliU6EeaiWPR3jj7Q0ZKpoHoZ

• Like 1