retiremant extension at cw today

How far in advance of the expiration date of your existing retirement stay extension did you submit today? Generally one could apply for extension 30 days prior (and the extension would still enact one year from the prior extension date), however recently I recall some announcement that due to new restrictions one should not apply more than 3 days prior, which to me seems a bit last minute. I'd be interested to know your take on this.

• Confused 1

19 hours ago, rodknock said:

they checked bank information from there computer

Are you saying that Immigration can log onto your bank account to see the balance and historical transactions? If so, I find that disturbing.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Oxx said:

Are you saying that Immigration can log onto your bank account to see the balance and historical transactions? If so, I find that disturbing.

Not if you do not tell them your log in details.

12 minutes ago, Oxx said:

No, No, No .... that has never been the case. When submitting the paperwork for the extension one submits the bank book for review. A withdrawal of 100 baht that day shows that the money is still in the account at the time of submission. Along with the bank book a copy of the pages over the past year confirm that, in the case of the 800k baht balance method, a consistent balance of 800k baht was maintained for the 2 months prior (3 months on first retirement application, 2 with each extension) and 3 months thereafter, and a minimum of 400k baht the remainder of the year. Immigration does NOT log into your account.

• Like 1

i went 3 business days before experation of extention as per the notice.

my date was aug.1, which is sunday, back up 1day and it is saturday.

the 30th. was day one

thursday the 29th. was day two

the 28th. is a holiday and immigration is closed.

tuesday the 27th. was day three

thats when i went, although i do not think it is an issue, when checking in no one checked the experation date of my extension of stay.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

i use the 65,000baht per month, not the 800,000.

all i know the io went over to a computer and looked at something.

he then did some sort of print out, i never got to see it.

he showed it to some other io there.

as i said they had me go down to the bank and make a deposit of 100baht and then a copy of the book showing the deposit.

i had the letter from bkk. bank showing that was an active account and deposits were made there every month.

this is the first time in 10years they have ever asked for something like that.

i understand with the 800,000baht method you need to have deposits and copies of your bank book.

• Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, rodknock said:

Perhaps to check the current exchange rate to confirm your monthly income.

Well I went to Kalasin last month to renew my 1 Year retirement visa , Took copies of Passport, Bank Book, House Book , Copy of I d Card and Statement from my bank on the same day , use 800.000 in Bank method , Complete all the paperwork at home , get the paperwork on my last 90 day reporting visit to immigration . .

In at about 09.45 out by 10.05 ( 20 minutes all done ) great job  

• Confused 1
  • Thanks 1

42 minutes ago, rodknock said:

thats when i went, although i do not think it is an issue, when checking in no one checked the experation date of my extension of stay.

Interesting.

Maybe they're keeping it loose until (hopefully) some sort of appointment system is back up and running?

6 minutes ago, luckyscruff said:

Well I went to Kalasin last month to renew my 1 Year retirement visa , Took copies of Passport, Bank Book, House Book , Copy of I d Card and Statement from my bank on the same day , use 800.000 in Bank method , Complete all the paperwork at home , get the paperwork on my last 90 day reporting visit to immigration . .

In at about 09.45 out by 10.05 ( 20 minutes all done ) great job  

Presumably both your bank and the immigration office are only a very short walk away from where you live?

41 minutes ago, rodknock said:

as i said they had me go down to the bank and make a deposit of 100baht and then a copy of the book showing the deposit.

IME, they want a same day B/F entry, plus a copy of that page. A B/F does not require a deposit, but who knows, maybe this is a new requirement.

I go a bit early, use the BBL ATM/Update kiosk, then a visit to the copy shop. 

Two years ago, I had a B/F from the previous day, but that was a no-go, IO sent me downstairs for the update + copy, then finished with me when I returned.

ext stay/ret-inc CW

Edited by mtls2005

20 hours ago, rodknock said:

got there at 8:15, number 259 (other than 300 people waiting social distancing was rough)

once inside went smooth.

inside got number 16.

They should just hand out the individual desk queues and be done with it.

Silly to have two queues.

Imagine that desk queue inside, three windows, was a madhouse, like the Bang Sue vaccination center?

• Confused 1

I don't understand the need for my IO to have a bank letter confirming the balance of my account on the day of application when using the 40,000/60,000 monthly income method. The last time my balance was about 6,000bht, which is totally irrelevant when using monthly income confirmed by bank letter, statements and passbook.

1 hour ago, rodknock said:

i had the letter from bkk. bank showing that was an active account and deposits were made there every month.

There is no need for any deposit if using a Bangkok Bank account - just ATM update is all that is required.  Suspect they said deposit 100 baht as some banks require activity to update.

1 hour ago, rodknock said:

i use the 65,000baht per month, not the 800,000.

he showed it to some other io there.

this is the first time in 10years they have ever asked for something like that.

i understand with the 800,000baht method you need to have deposits and copies of your bank book.

From my experience when extending the retirement visa they go to the computer to check your insurance coverage for the next year. And the dates of new policy are what they use for the new visa.

They check your bank balances by looking at your bank books directly. At least this is what I encountered at Chaeng Wattana.

7 minutes ago, nottin said:

From my experience when extending the retirement visa they go to the computer to check your insurance coverage for the next year. And the dates of new policy are what they use for the new visa.

They check your bank balances by looking at your bank books directly. At least this is what I encountered at Chaeng Wattana.

OP did not say he was using O-A visa so not sure if that applies - there is no insurance requirement for extensions for retirement if from a normal O visa entry.  They obviously check computer for everyone to bring up history and add digital photo.