Rural living in Beautiful Chiangrai on a budget

House for sale.  1. 4 million baht

Fedup with the rat race

30 minutes to Chiangrai.  15 minutes to Phan

3 bedrooms 3 bathrooms ( inc 1 bed  1 bathroom guest room in the garden )

Location.  District of MAE AO

Land.      800 square meters. (Half rai). with chanote

Price 1. 4 million baht

Screenshot_20210717_115109_com.huawei.photos.jpg

Screenshot_20210717_114751_com.huawei.photos.jpg

Screenshot_20210717_114732_com.huawei.photos.jpg

Screenshot_20210717_114607_com.huawei.photos.jpg

Screenshot_20210717_114535_com.huawei.photos.jpg

Pat House-12 (2).jpg

Screenshot_20210712_163516_com.huawei.photos.jpg

Screenshot_20210709_122851_com.huawei.photos.jpg

Screenshot_20210709_122601_com.huawei.photos.jpg

Screenshot_20210709_122543_com.huawei.photos.jpg

Screenshot_20210709_122524_com.huawei.photos.jpg

"Escaping the rat race" can have a number of different meanings:

• Movement from work or geographical location into (typically) a more rural area
  • Retirement, quitting or ceasing work
  • Moving from a job of high strenuosity to one of lesser strenuosity, like the tang ping lifestyle of young Chinese laboratory.
  • Adopting a Buddha-like mindset
  • Changing to a different job altogether
  • Working from home
  • Becoming financially independent from an employer
  • Living in harmony with nature
  • Developing an inner attitude of detachment from materialistic pursuits
  • Alienation from the norms of society
  • Like 1

Just now, Soapy 100 said:

"Escaping the rat race" can have a number of different meanings:

• Movement from work or geographical location into (typically) a more rural area
  • Retirement, quitting or ceasing work
  • Moving from a job of high strenuosity to one of lesser strenuosity, like the tang ping lifestyle of young Chinese laboratory.
  • Adopting a Buddha-like mindset
  • Changing to a different job altogether
  • Working from home
  • Becoming financially independent from an employer
  • Living in harmony with nature
  • Developing an inner attitude of detachment from materialistic pursuits
  • Alienation from the norms of society

Mastering the Art of Mind over Matter  as your neighbor's roosters crow alllll day   .

yes,  you will be a true Zen master if you can accomplish that ...............

• Haha 1

38 minutes ago, rumak said:

Mastering the Art of Mind over Matter  as your neighbor's roosters crow alllll day   .

yes,  you will be a true Zen master if you can accomplish that ...............

Yes mate you will hear a neighbors rooster crowing once in a while ( i thought you would have had better judgment than putting allll day) i would rather hear a rooster crowing than run the gauntlet from one end of soi 6 Pattaya to the other end.

2 hours ago, Soapy 100 said:

i would rather hear a rooster crowing than run the gauntlet from one end of soi 6 Pattaya to the other end.

is that supposed to be a slur at me?    hahaha    I think you might be better staying in your lovely place and working on that "buddha mindset"  .  

i have never lived anywhere near Pattaya  but have lived in 5 rural areas of the North of Thailand...

starting long before you were here ,

Does look like a lovely place you have there.  Why you leaving ?

oops.   forgot the "mate"  

Edited by rumak

15 minutes ago, rumak said:

is that supposed to be a slur at me?    hahaha    I think you might be better staying in your lovely place and working on that "buddha mindset"  .  

i have never lived anywhere near Pattaya  but have lived in 5 rural areas of the North of Thailand...

starting long before you were here ,

Does look like a lovely place you have there.  Why you leaving ?

oops.   forgot the "mate"  

Rumak 

This is certainly no slur on you,i don't know who you are,the reason i mentioned the infamous soi 6 Pattaya is because i was a regular in a very good friend of mine who had a bar in the then sleepy soi 6over 30 years ago some of the old timers might remember"Jimmy Mac 'who had a bar that catered for mainly expats or people who just wanted to have a drink and a chat.

Jimmy r.i.p sold the bar to i think the Queen Vic owner but set his niece and nephew up with a bar thats still there i think called' 'Little Jimmy Macs' the last time i was in Pattaya was over 3 years ago when i called in to his niece and nephews bar just to say hello, i found myself running the gauntlet just to say hello to friends i have known for over30 years,i am sorry if you thought my post was a slur on you but as i said to my friends who are trying to earn a living in a street that i can only describe as the rat race or a desperate place to try and earn a living,i lasted 3 days in Pattaya and went to Rayong to get away for a little peace and quiet

Just now, Soapy 100 said:

This is certainly no slur on you

I am not a keyboard warrior so no worries,  as they say. 

i mentioned roosters as it did look like there was a neighbor quite close to your house. ( maybe inlaws) ?     One place i lived years ago was in rural Fang village next to a school.  The sound of kids playing and making noise never bothered me.   But other places the incessant crowing of a nearby rooster or 5 , at all hours,  pretty much destroyed that peace and harmony i was seeking.   A distant

crowing occasionally not a problem.

being as you are trying to sell the property ,  if it indeed does not have neighbors that are disturbing then the area is beautiful,  as you say.   I have travelled that way many times,  and my first house 33 years ago was just across the river from Chiangrai ,  which we crossed by bamboo bridge.

good luck..... rumak

Vocal Neal

My Chiangrai HHH name is ' Shocking" Dont ask me how i got the name haha but i was the GM of the Chiangrai hash for over 6 years really great fun,most of the hashes we had 30 to 40 people my wife still holds the record for hash attendance,my two children have Chiangrai hash names,Mary who is 28 now is  "boy magnet'and my son Shaun who is 23 is "super glue"

But alas age and COPD have curtailed me from taking part,i think you will agree that some of the most scenic trails and scenery are to be had in Chiangrai

Give my regards to"pussy rainbow john and the' bad hobbit

4 hours ago, BritManToo said:

Looks nice, apart from the roof and ceilings that look cheap.

I would say the house is like life, its a 'work in progress"

I hummed and arded over the roof for weeks but imo there is a ceiling price for houses like this and no matter how much more you spend on a house in the area its going to be a hard sell at the best of times,the price reflects the area and i know it will take a certain person to be interested in the house.

But if you twist my arm i could give you a 20 year warranty on the roof haha

• 2 weeks later...
12 hours ago, Ned Ludd said:

What do you expect in a rural area, a Mariachi band?

It would be nice to hear a Mariachi band when the villagers have finished their rice planting for the day,i doubt if you would get perfect peace and quiet living anywhere in Thailand even if you live on the 20 th floor of a 30 square meter condo box.

My family lived in this house for over 20 years,i loved every minute, was never bored in the village all the neighbors got on with everyone and crime was non excistant

We also have 5 beautiful rai set in the mountain area ( no chinote )with plenty of fruit and teak trees that kept me busy for years

Screenshot_20210814_092053_com.huawei.photos.jpg

• Like 1

• 4 months later...