How To Have Multiple Excel Files Open

crabstix

My PC will only allow me to open 1 MS excel file at once. If I click on another excel file it will replace the old one. I want to have at least 2 open on the same screen so that I can compare them side by side on the same screen. I tried going to

settings, control panel, folder options, view, 'launch windows folder in a seperate process.'

This fixed the problem temporarily and after 15 minutes it reverted back to the original problem. What can I do?

Thanks

I use Excel 2003 and if I open one file then use File Open another one I can switch between them under the Windows menu. Then you can select "Compare side by side" from the same Windows menu. The same thing if I double click on an Excel file, they both show up under the Windows menu.

My PC will only allow me to open 1 MS excel file at once. If I click on another excel file it will replace the old one. I want to have at least 2 open on the same screen so that I can compare them side by side on the same screen. I tried going to

settings, control panel, folder options, view, 'launch windows folder in a seperate process.'

This fixed the problem temporarily and after 15 minutes it reverted back to the original problem. What can I do?

Thanks

i use office 2003.

with one file open, i minimize it.

then i open excel again, and open the file i want.

i then adjust the screen size of the second file, and open the first file and adjust its size.

not the ideal solution as you are looking at two half size screens.

what OS are you using?

some version of Windows?

The only time I saw a problem like that was on WindowsME, which had other stupid problems as well. An upgrade to XP fixed that particular machine.

I couldn't talk them into switching to a proper OS like Red Hat or Ubuntu, they were addicted to MYOB.

Sad, really...

Just click on "Window", then "Arrange" then choose among: tile, horiz., vert., cascade.

I think both files are open, it's that one is 'hidden' behind the other.

In Excel, click on File, then Open, navigate to the target directory, then open multiple files using Ctrl, click to select files. All should open but only one will be visible and it is hidding the others, so go to Window, Arrange...

Edited by lomatopo

Just click on "Window", then "Arrange" then choose among: tile, horiz., vert., cascade.

I think both files are open, it's that one is 'hidden' behind the other.

In Excel, click on File, then Open, navigate to the target directory, then open multiple files using Ctrl, click to select files. All should open but only one will be visible and it is hidding the others, so go to Window, Arrange...

Thanks!

That worked!