SCB / FWD Health Plan

JetsetBkk

Anyone got it? Anyone got a full plan description document in English?

Without having the full English version to read - and question - I'm not signing anything.

This is all I have in English:

1766881612_SCBFWDPlanSummary.thumb.jpg.b70d88bae12ac299f7ad3e8d7fa885e8.jpg

Links: 

https://www.scb.co.th/th/personal-banking/insurance/health-insurance/opd-worry-free.html

https://www.scb.co.th/content/dam/scb/personal-banking/insurance/health-insurance/opd/documents/opd-worry-fee-th.pdf

All I can tell you is that I tried to get a much simpler personal accident olan through SCB and failed utterly. They simply did not want to/know how to sell a policy to a foreignet. And no plan documents were available in English.

I do not recommend Thai-issued policies for general health insurance in any case.

16 hours ago, Sheryl said:

All I can tell you is that I tried to get a much simpler personal accident olan through SCB and failed utterly. They simply did not want to/know how to sell a policy to a foreignet. And no plan documents were available in English.

I do not recommend Thai-issued policies for general health insurance in any case.

I totally agree with your last line!

I sent a message on the FWD web site yesterday - they are the health insurance company partnered with the SCB. The reply this morning was not very helpful: "Change the language to English and search for the plan" - which is, of course, the very first thing I did yesterday.

So I sent a couple of pages of my scans of the Thai document back to them, so they knew which plan I was referring to, and requested the English version. Not hopeful of a response.

I'm also in touch with "AA Insure" who also said basically what you said - "Don't sign anything unless it's in English"   ???? 

Edited by JetsetBkk