More fake news: Bangkok will NOT be inundated with heaviest rain in 1,000 years - La Nina affect small

webfact

3pm.jpg

Picture: Daily News

The Royal Thai Police spokesman Pol Col Krissana Pattanacharoen told the Thai public of the latest cases of fake news discovered yesterday after investigations by the tech police and Digital Economy and Society Ministry.

The fake news center had contacted the met office about claims made online that Bangkok would get its heaviest rain in 1,000 years come the end of the year due to a La Nina.

This is the oceanic and atmospheric phenomenon that is the cooler counterpart of the more well known El Nino. 

The impact of the La Nina will be a small one in Thailand, said the weather boffins. 

Krissana warned people not to share such news and Daily News highlighted jail terms of 5 years and fines of 100,000 baht that exist in Thailand related to fake news.

He also mentioned two other cases of fake news relating to the remedy Fah Thalai Jone getting FDA approval and a traffic cop having to go back to his hometown to get Covid-19 treatment. 

asean_now_BB.jpg

32 minutes ago, 2long said:

Well Prayut and his cronies should be in jail for fake news regarding pretty much everything they do, most recently the '2-3 maybe 4 / 4-6 weeks' Covid recovery and 1 million jabs a day.

Prayut is used to wearing a uniform, and a prison uniform would look good on him.

It seems you would have known better. Or not?

How many politicians reacted perfectly? How many had to change their minds and decisions?

It's called adapting to new facts.

Only people who don't make decisions pretend constantly they would have made a lot better decisions than those people who have to make decisions. Covid is a unique and evolving situation. Nobody knows the perfect answers because there are no perfect answers. 

• Confused 1
  • Sad 4

6 hours ago, fangless said:

I just hope Pol Col Krissana Pattanacharoen is not doing a "Michael Fish" on us!

A few hours before the Great Storm of 1987 broke, on 15 October 1987, he said during a forecast: "Earlier on today, apparently, a woman rang the BBC and said she heard there was a hurricane on the way. Well, if you're watching, don't worry, there isn't!".

The storm was the worst to hit South East England for three centuries, causing record damage and killing 19 people

PS;  Michael Fish was a very well known and respected BBC TV weatherman (at the time!)

A pedant writes: Michael Fish was actually correct in saying that a hurricane was not on the way.

There were gusts of wind of hurricane force but not sustained.

Okay, I'll get me coat.

7 hours ago, webfact said:

Krissana warned people not to share such news and Daily News highlighted jail terms of 5 years and fines of 100,000 baht that exist in Thailand related to fake news.

And what about the statement things will be better in 4-6 weeks.

• Haha 2

6 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:

How many politicians reacted perfectly? How many had to change their minds and decisions?

Only people who don't make decisions pretend constantly they would have made a lot better decisions than those people who have to make decisions. Covid is a unique and evolving situation. Nobody knows the perfect answers because there are no perfect answers. 

What are you on about? 

The topic is floods, not Covid, and both are unpredictable, so its hubris and foolishness on the part of a copper, no less, to second guess both in todays out of control world. But rather than bicker, because I do like a lot of your posts, let's have a friendly bet of a pint sometime in the future, if we're alive, that BKK is gonna cop a watery pasting. I say "yes".

Kalaland, where fake news is anything that scares the government, regardless of its source, intention, or veracity. I'm not giving the name another outing in public, but let us remember who made the term a household expression, and who in the world rushed to co-opt the term to prop up their fake legitimacy, it wasn't just the coup klutz clan (and how terrifyingly ridiculous really, is a "Fake News" division of the police?) The un-lovable rogue Bolsonaro and others couldn't get enough of it. The term, and its fiercest supporters, are without exception, a blight on democracy.

Edited by chalawaan

The fake news center had contacted the met office about claims made online that Bangkok would get its heaviest rain in 1,000 years come the end of the year due to a La Nina.

This is the oceanic and atmospheric phenomenon that is the cooler counterpart of the more well known El Nino. 

The impact of the La Nina will be a small one in Thailand, said the weather boffins. 

But the government said earlier...

Then the government said this...

I wish they would make up their minds. :coffee1:

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, ThailandRyan said:

The water will come from the tears of the Thai people once they fully realize how they have been bamboozled by this government and the money from the coffers emptied to fill pockets of the elite while many of the poor die a needles death.  Just my view and opinion.  Sad to see a country fail to take care of its people.  Flooding is already occurring elsewhere, why can that not occur here.  I think someone does not pay attention to news as an article posted on Jun 24th in the paper we can not link to indicated that Industry will be on the alert because of La Nina and there will be a Long rainy season to precede big storms, or was their information fake as well.

So you thought you would be an immigrant into a country comparable with your own? Your starting to realise you didnt. Your fighting hand and tooth against reality, the angry and denial phase. In the end you will be extremely frustrated and bitter, or you give up and concentrate on your own circle of influence, which will give you much more joy in life. 

I reckon you wont give up. 

• Like 1

claims made online that Bangkok would get its heaviest rain in 1,000 years come the end of the year due to a La Nina

Ah, those good old days. I remember paying a gal with a chicken and taking her back to my cave and then we take both take off our goat skins and clean ourselves by scraping our bodies against a rock and then it's on to the good stuff on the dirt floor.

39 minutes ago, MayBeNow said:

So you thought you would be an immigrant into a country comparable with your own? Your starting to realise you didnt. Your fighting hand and tooth against reality, the angry and denial phase. In the end you will be extremely frustrated and bitter, or you give up and concentrate on your own circle of influence, which will give you much more joy in life. 

Gee, did @ThilandRyan steal your lunch money as a kid? Play the issue, not the man.

• Like 1

On 7/29/2021 at 8:53 AM, fangless said:

I just hope Pol Col Krissana Pattanacharoen is not doing a "Michael Fish" on us!

A few hours before the Great Storm of 1987 broke, on 15 October 1987, he said during a forecast: "Earlier on today, apparently, a woman rang the BBC and said she heard there was a hurricane on the way. Well, if you're watching, don't worry, there isn't!".

The storm was the worst to hit South East England for three centuries, causing record damage and killing 19 people

PS;  Michael Fish was a very well known and respected BBC TV weatherman (at the time!)

Very lucky at the time he didn't live in a Dictatorship. At the time I lived in an Attic room, but had been out on the beer and smoked black hash, I slept right through it, SE England lost 10% of trees.

On 7/29/2021 at 9:13 AM, OneMoreFarang said:

The Unelected PM and his generals should have had the vaccines situation sorted out long ago, it was just pure negligence on their part that they did not. Some would say that there was personal financial reasons for this, and IMO, I also think there was.

This unelected PM is also responsible for the deaths of many Thai people due to the vaccines not being purchased and administered along with other countries who have democratically elected governments  and should be jailed as soon as this C virus eases up.

Sorry for going a bit off topic, but I was just answering this post.

Edited by possum1931
  • Like 1

19 hours ago, MayBeNow said:

I came from the UK, a police state rather than a military dictatorship (like most of the west). I prefer the military to be in charge rather than the police.

Edited by BritManToo
  • Sad 1

more like clowns... fake news?   ha ha.. thai gov spews it out daily...    cant get more fake than that
the good thai people know better... ask them about gov knews and they just laugh the shy away...

really feel for them...   its like they givin up on hope... its so damn sad....

u fat cats should be ashamed of ur selves......   dicusting people.....

and no u cant track me.. I am a pro hacker....   good luck with that...