Do I really need to send my ID card (passport copy) to get a general copy of any Thai court archived judgement to any court as the mailed me this?!

Lightangel000

Hi

In Europe  you do not need to send a ID card /passport copy to get a copy from mthe court

archived court judgement.

I mailed to the Thailand Thai court Officxe of the Judiciary and asked to get a archived copy

of a court judgement for my dead father  (I had already given a court officer my drivers licence)

as she forwarded my request - and they demand I send them a copy of my passport in order for me

to get a copy of the  court judgement for appointment of executor for my father done in court

- old arnd arhived.

Is this praxis - why should I hand out my ID card to the court archives to get a court copy old.?

thanks

• Confused 1

13 hours ago, Lightangel000 said:

Is this praxis - why should I hand out my ID card to the court archives to get a court copy old.?

thanks

I don't understand that you know it's required in Europe and not expect it to be the same in Thailand .

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Lightangel000 said:

This is Thailand, not Europe, so if they ask for your ID, then that is it...????

• Like 1

14 hours ago, khunPer said:

This is Thailand, not Europe, so if they ask for your ID, then that is it...????

Thank you for explaining it so succinctly, I am surprised he didn’t ask why he has to drive on the left hand side of the road rather than the right hand side as in Europe.

On 8/2/2021 at 4:01 PM, Lightangel000 said:

To get a copy of a public record in Europe from court - nobody needs to show ID card - in my case a third party lawyer is interested to get a copy of my passport which she easily can get via the court. if I show it to them

Then tough luck for you either you don't get your paper or the lawyer gets the passport. I guess they want to start a case against you and you don't want that thus you are reluctant to hand over a copy of your passport copy.