Covid "under consideration" stamp from Jomtien but moving to Hua Hin

Evening ladies and gents,

I have a Covid extension "under consideration" stamp from Jomtien immigration, I am supposed to come back on August 14th (applied on July 15th), but it turns out I will actually be moving to Hua Hin next week. I don't know what you're supposed to do in these situations, I will probably ask the immigration in Hua Hin about it, but if anyone has any insight it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, rattlesnake said:

I will probably ask the immigration in Hua Hin about it,

You'd be better asking Jomtein about it, not much fun if Hua Hin tells you you need to go back to Jomtein to get the extension.

Keep an eye on this thread:

Edited by Salerno
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, Salerno said:

You'd be better asking Jomtein about it, not much fun if Hua Hin tells you you need to go back to Jomtein to get the extension.

Keep an eye on this thread:

Thanks, I will travel back to Pattaya on the 14th, it's not that far thankfully.

Edited by rattlesnake
  • Like 1

On 7/30/2021 at 12:23 PM, rattlesnake said:

Thanks, I will travel back to Pattaya on the 14th, it's not that far thankfully.

After you have got your latest COVID extension sorted you will, I take it, be submitting a completed TM30 to the Hua Hin office to enable you to apply for future such extensions there?

Hi,

My last extension was similar, they said come back in 30 days as it was "under review", so i did, dropped off my passport as they asked and went home, they called me at home that afternoon and said come back with 1900 baht as my visa had expired!

Well, it was expired because i was waiting for that extension...

After getting the extension they put a new date in a month later again and said i could apply again.

From what i gather I think you can go in before that date they stamped and see what they say....

I'm going to give it a try myself this week as Friday it's due.

And this was the Jomtien office.

Regards

Edited by djhotsox
more info

On 7/30/2021 at 12:23 AM, rattlesnake said:

Post back to let us know how easy/difficult it was to travel at that time.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, djhotsox said:

Hi,

My last extension was similar, they said come back in 30 days as it was "under review", so i did, dropped off my passport as they asked and went home, they called me at home that afternoon and said come back with 1900 baht as my visa had expired!

Well, it was expired because i was waiting for that extension...

After getting the extension they put a new date in a month later again and said i could apply again.

From what i gather I think you can go in before that date they stamped and see what they say....

I'm going to give it a try myself this week as Friday it's due.

And this was the Jomtien office.

Regards

It seems they screwed up as your "under consideration" deadline should not have been later than the visa expiry date. So they made you pay 1900 twice, i.e. this extension cost you 3800?

6 hours ago, OJAS said:

After you have got your latest COVID extension sorted you will, I take it, be submitting a completed TM30 to the Hua Hin office to enable you to apply for future such extensions there?

Absolutely. Can I take care of this entirely myself, or does the owner have to report me first on the immigration website (which my previous landlord used to do)? I'm asking because my new landlord is apparently not too knowlegdgeable on the subject.

Just go back to Jomtien immigration this week before you leave. Those "under consideration" dates are not firm, in my experience. I went two weeks early last month and they didn't mention the date. 

You'll probably need to drop off your passport and go back the next day to pick it up. Even if it's not busy, they give you a queue card and say "come back tomorrow" when doing the UC thing. Two trips, but it's all done at the front desk, so not a long wait. 

2 hours ago, rattlesnake said:

Absolutely. Can I take care of this entirely myself, or does the owner have to report me first on the immigration website (which my previous landlord used to do)? I'm asking because my new landlord is apparently not too knowlegdgeable on the subject.

Depends on the terms of your tenancy agreement with your new landlord - if identical to the agreement with your previous landlord looks like your new landlord will have to do the necessary.

2 hours ago, OJAS said:

Depends on the terms of your tenancy agreement with your new landlord - if identical to the agreement with your previous landlord looks like your new landlord will have to do the necessary.

Noted, thanks.

2 hours ago, trappedinasia said:

Just go back to Jomtien immigration this week before you leave. Those "under consideration" dates are not firm, in my experience. I went two weeks early last month and they didn't mention the date. 

You'll probably need to drop off your passport and go back the next day to pick it up. Even if it's not busy, they give you a queue card and say "come back tomorrow" when doing the UC thing. Two trips, but it's all done at the front desk, so not a long wait. 

I've already left, unfortunately. Thanks anyway for the tip!

This just happened to me today in Jomtien, I went 30 days ago for a 60-day extension, they gave me a "permission to stay" for 30 days and told me to come exactly today for the other 30 days extension. I went this morning and they just told me to drop the passport and come back tomorrow.

In the middle of a sanitary crisis they make you go three times to the office in order to get an extension, is nuts.

Edited by gma992

• 3 weeks later...
On 8/2/2021 at 4:23 AM, impulse said:

Post back to let us know how easy/difficult it was to travel at that time.

So I went and came back last week and it went smoothly. There was a police checkpoint as I entered Hua Hin on the way back at 16:00, but they had already gone home, just an unmanned checkpoint.

• Like 2