Bangkok Road Rage: Cop pulls a gun and his employee slashes at car with a knife - then tests positive for Covid

webfact

Do they now test traffic offenders for Covid or is it just because he is going to the police station and they don't want the virus there? If that is the case, then many other places should be testing. I have a dentist appointment next week. Will everyone be tested before entering?

• Like 1

6 hours ago, webfact said:

A man was seen climbing onto the roof of a Civid with what resembled a sword. 

Another man had a gun. 

The man who climbed on top of the Civic was Chakrin, 38, who the policeman employed at a fish farm. 

Ahh, not weapons - fishing equipment!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, webfact said:

Sanook quoted Lt-Col Charin Im-em of the Prawet police as saying that the man with the gun was Sen Sgt Maj Adisorn, 44, a policeman with a force in Samut Prakan.

Safe trusted Thailand... perfect place for a relaxing holiday.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, 2long said:

this Somchaimobile has red plates and blacked out windows, and (one would presume) an aggressive driver and thugs in the exposed rear.

What?  Why would you assume that there was "an aggressive driver and thugs in the pickup" that clearly had no one in the exposed back?   The Civic, along with most cars on Thai roads, had window tints, not knowing anything about the earlier collision how come you didn't assume that there was an aggressive driver and thugs in that car also?

• Sad 3

35 minutes ago, hotchilli said:
8 hours ago, webfact said:

Both drivers were charged with driving offences and Chakrin was charged with assault and criminal damage. 

And the policeman charged with????

"And the policeman charged with????"

Driving offences, as the OP stated.  What else would he be charged with?   It's safe to assume that the officer probably has the gun legally and, from the video, there's no evidence of his committing any other offence is there?

Edited by Liverpool Lou
  • Sad 3

Never ceases to amaze me how extremely hard working the Thai police are.  Its well known that Thai police earn only a pittance and yet they always seem to have all these businesses on the side.  Just determination and hard work I guess, what else could it be??

• Haha 1

36 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

What?  Why would you assume that there was "an aggressive driver and thugs in the pickup" that clearly had no one in the exposed back?   The Civic, along with most cars on Thai roads, had window tints, not knowing anything about the earlier collision how come you didn't assume that there was an aggressive driver and thugs in that car also?

You must have watched a different video to the one I saw then.

I'm PRESUMING that the Civic didn't have thugs, weapons and off-duty cops on board.

Looking this and your other replies I feel you're in a grumpy mood today.

Hertha was only a friendly. ????????????

1 minute ago, 2long said:
41 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

Expand  

I'm PRESUMING that the Civic didn't have thugs, weapons and off-duty cops on board.

I understand that but I was asking why you'd assume that and why you'd assume that a red-plated pickup would have an aggressive driver and thugs in the back?   

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

15 hours ago, Liverpool Lou said:

"And the policeman charged with????"

Driving offences, as the OP stated.  What else would he be charged with?   It's safe to assume that the officer probably has the gun legally and, from the video, there's no evidence of his committing any other offence is there?

I don't get you at all...

It was a traffic offence/altercation, so why would the policeman walk around in public with a gun in his hand... when obviously off-duty in a private vehicle????

So he just gets driving offences?

• Like 1