learning french for M4 student

French is a tricky language (not just learning it, it's a very subtle language with different meanings for the same word) and it's not a particularly great place to live anymore with Macaroni and his cronies trying to ruin the place

From someone who lives in France and has been speaking it on and off for over 30 years, I'd pass and learn something else.....Spanish is much more useful globally nowadays

Edited by driver52
  • Thanks 1

A number of schools offer French in Bangkok. Ifyour child is  girl you could try Sacred heart Convent school. Many of the catholic schools will offer French and some are co-educational. They are not particularly religious schools in terms of pushing their doctrine onto students though. 

On 7/30/2021 at 6:15 PM, driver52 said:

.....Spanish is much more useful globally nowadays

Question is not if it's useful or not, his kid is interested by this language, that's what is important ; for usefulness, ok for Spanish in Latin america, but otherwise,  French is the second most widely used language in the world after English ; it is the spoken  language of many countries (  542 millions in 2016 and 1 billion in 2050 because population of Africa will increase in the few next years; projection of United Nations ) 

Alliance française in Bangkok teaches French may be there is something to see with it 

2 hours ago, Aforek said:

French is the second most widely used language in the world after English

that simply ain't true mon ami! google it, there are about twice as many Spanish speakers as French! I think you'll find French is about seventh on the list...

Bon courage! which is a good example of 'tricky French' as I'm sure most so called French speakers would say 'Bon chance' lol

• 5 weeks later...