Carpool / split ride Chiang Mai - BKK Aug 21?

westcoastUSA

Hey all — I'm flying out of BKK to head back to the US on August 21 in the evening and need to find a way to get to Bangkok from Chiang Mai (Muang). If anyone else is trying to get down there around the same time, would be great to share a car rental/van/private ride and split the cost — I realize the COVID risk sitting in a vehicle w/someone but we'd all have tested negative, mask up, etc. Unless someone finds a flight/bus/train. Reach out if you're interested!

Edit: Seems like there might be flights — would appreciate any insight on what the chances are that those'll actually fly.

Edited by westcoastUSA

By coincidence, I looked at CNX-BKK flights on the 20th, it seems air asia are doing several and thai smile and Bangkok Air are doing one earlier in the day. One thing for sure is there will be seats galore on almost any service. I use Bangkok Air in normal times, they're reliable, however, you might want to go with the carrier with the most options, and pay enough for a fully flexible ticket.

I'd only use the roads as a last resort at the mo, too many things to go awry between here and BKK. And now and then.

Having said all that, I live to the southeast of CNX airport, and in normal times several aircraft a day would fly on an outward arc overhead, I can't recall seeing one for weeks now....

Edited by chalawaan