Public Health Ministry urging people to follow lockdown measures

snoop1130

6c8664c72c55081e402736e9fbbf6dfa_small.jpg

BANGKOK (NNT) - The Ministry of Public Health is urging the general public to increase compliance with lockdown measures by another five percent, so as to keep the number of new COVID-19 cases and fatalities from rising further, as a recent study shows only 20 percent compliance. The ministry also encourages people to stay home to stem the spread of COVID-19.

Permanent Secretary for Public Health, Dr. Kiattiphum Wongrajit, said today that there is a big difference in the infection and fatality numbers when the lockdown’s effectiveness is increased from 20 to 25 percent. When more COVID-19 vaccines have been administered to priority groups, including the elderly, the figures are further apart. It is essential that the people cooperate by wearing protective masks, washing their hands more regularly and practicing social distancing.

According to the Ministry of Public Health’s forecast and actual results associated with COVID-19 infections and deaths, when the lockdown’s effectiveness is at 20 percent, the number of daily infections in August is almost 20,000 people, while the average number of deaths is 150 people per day. The actual situation is in line with the forecast. If the effectiveness remains at 20 percent, the country may see 25,000 new infections per day and 250 deaths per day by August 14th. If the effectiveness is increased to 25 percent, the daily infection number will be about 10,000. By August 14th, the number will be about 13,000 to 14,000, but will not reach 15,000. The number of fatalities should be about 100 per day. By August 14th, it should not exceed 150 per day.

The Permanent Secretary for Public Health added that all 13,919 hospital beds in Bangkok and nearby provinces are now occupied, and there are people waiting for a hospital bed. In other provinces, the number of hospital beds has increased to 185,000, with 60 to 82 percent occupancy. To ease the situation, patients with mild symptoms are asked to undergo home isolation or community isolation. If their condition worsens, they will be admitted to hospital for treatment.

nnt.jpg
  • Sad 1

This is Thailand!

Today I went on the new MRT.

For some reason the announcements at the station mentioned several ways to minimise the spread of Covid, including the usual social distancing, masks etc and strangely 'avoid use of mobile phones'

Well, what do they expect people to do on public transport, especially if you can't sit next to and talk to people....

228540655_871772586774543_1809949058584927883_n.jpg

• Like 1

25% compliance is silly, this is a 75% non-compliance.

So 25% of people follow the Seive like lockdown - which is not a lockdown - the factories are still open, the lottery is still being sold etc

What do the other 75% do to be so naughty?

The press releases from the health ministry are works of art.  A million chimpanzees banging away at a million keyboards for a million years could never deliver such profound verbage. Or could they.........?

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, law ling said:

Such an odd report: to increase compliance by 5% ... and that there is presently only 20% compliance.

They just know that the level of compliance is quite low and getting lower as people realize that there aren't really any road blocks stopping them going where they want... so can go spend the weekend at the Chonburi Beach area condo. 

• Like 1

On 8/2/2021 at 8:35 PM, snoop1130 said:

The Ministry of Public Health is urging the general public to increase compliance with lockdown measures by another five percent, so as to keep the number of new COVID-19 cases and fatalities from rising further, as a recent study shows only 20 percent compliance. The ministry also encourages people to stay home to stem the spread of COVID-19.

I'm in deep red zone nakhon pathom... lock-down what lock-down?

Complete farce.

About a moth ago I had to go to Bangkok for 1 day and when I returned home I was forced to quarantine by myself for 14 days (even though I'm fully vaccinated). Then we had 2 returnees from Bangkok last week here in the village, and of course no one was forced to follow the mandated 14 day quarantine (I guess rules only apply to white men...)...
so as of yesterday the village have 10 households with covid-19 and we have already seen the first death from covid-19 among those who got infected by those 2 returnees!