Thai police warn about more fake news concerning Covid-19

webfact

6pm.jpg

Picture: Daily News

Thailand's Anti-Fake News Center investigated with the Medical Services Department after a post online suggested people with Covid-19 at home should gather six medicines to treat themselves.

This was found to be fake news and should not be shared, said the RTP deputy spokesman Pol Col Krissana Pattanacharoen. 

What drugs would be assigned to what patients was a job for doctors, he said, and not to be suggested by posts online. 

Complications could arise presenting a danger to the patient if medical advice was not followed and people went it alone. 

Contraindications were a case in point.

The spokesman warned of five year prison terms and 100,000 baht fines for fake news like this under computer crime legislation. 

Daily News published four ways that the public can tell the authorities if they suspect fake news. 

asean_now_BB.jpg
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

10 minutes ago, Jimbo2014 said:

There is a huge amount of Fake News circulating in Thailand that we have to avoid.  For example, we were told Covid was under control, that Thailand had secured sufficient Vaccine, that Thailand would be a hub of Vaccine production throughout Asia, that further lockdowns should be avoided, that the health Minister understood health.  The police are right to fight such fake news!  

Fake news is everywhere. I was just reading how IAG, the Spanish conglomerate that owns BA and a slew of other European airlines are blaming their sector's financial struggles on governments and their quarantines. Absolutely no mention at all about Covid-19.

"In its half-year results the Anglo-Spanish firm, which also owns Iberia, Vueling and Aer Lingus of Ireland, blames “government restrictions and quarantine requirements” for the continued slump in aviation. ..."

Does this spin for investors and the markets qualify as fake news? Maybe the concept of root cause doesn't exist in the boardroom.

https://www.independent.co.uk/travel/news-and-advice/british-airways-iag-flights-passengers-b1893529.html

Edited by NanLaew
  • Like 2
  • Confused 3

8 hours ago, webfact said:

people with Covid-19 at home should gather six medicines to treat themselves.

For reference from today's "The Nation":-

"The DES spokesperson announced on Monday that “reports claiming that paracetamol, ambroxol, dextromethorphan, chlorpheniramine, Vitamin C, and green chiretta [fah talai jone] can cure Covid-19 have been checked by the Anti-Fake News Centre"

https://www.nationthailand.com/in-focus/40004137

These medications cannot cure, but are used to relieve the symptoms of covid-19. I am not infected but for me, I self medicate with paracetamol and vitamin C (my own homemade fresh lime juice as I am a "limey"!)

A fair application of the laws. These people are promoting untested and unrecommended  'home' remedies and effectively telling customers not to report their illness. They are dangerous and anyone who follows such advice will be a hub of new infections so the pandemic will never end it will always break out again because of such fools and their followers

11 hours ago, RobU said:

A fair application of the laws. These people are promoting untested and unrecommended  'home' remedies and effectively telling customers not to report their illness. They are dangerous and anyone who follows such advice will be a hub of new infections so the pandemic will never end it will always break out again because of such fools and their followers

I prefer to decide for myself what is fake or not. Relying on government, which has its own agenda, is hardly reliable in matters of truth and transparency.  Fools and their followers come in all shapes and fashions, some even advocating believing those who are the oppressors.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, harada said:

Chailand. :crying:

Slyam ? Who nabs the jabs. Of course no one is suggesting the tip top pukka  donated stuff is be paraachueted to rich donors while old menu A stock will keep the flangs quiet, that would be ill eagle.

Dear RTP,

Please start with a thorough investigation of the below claims, which were widely published in the media on 29th July :

Anutin chimed in that from next month Thailand would be getting 10 million doses of vaccine a month.

The authorities would be able to vaccinate a million people a day throughout the country, he said confidently without explaining the obvious discrepancy.

14 hours ago, RobU said:

yes they should go to doctor/hospital  and seek medical cure  

• Like 1