Second Dose: AstraZeneca

mtls2005

So for some, they got their first dose of AstraZeneca on June 7, 2021. And probably ~ 9 mm people have received one dose of AZ since then.

This was the first day of the government's big push.

Many people received appointments for their second dose, with intervals ranging from eight to twelve to sixteen weeks.

We're at the eight week marker now.

(Yes, some were vaccinated earlier than June 7, there was a initial batch of ~ 117k doses, the pm got the very first shot. And yes, some have received their second dose already from this early grouping.)

For those getting their first shot on or after June 7...

Have you received the second dose? If so, what was the interval?

Is you second dose currently scheduled? If so, what is the interval?

Has your second dose been rescheduled? If so, what is the scheduled interval now?

Got my first dose of Az on June 12th.

Policy at the time was 2nd dose at 16 weeks so October 2nd is my date. Nothing heard about a re-schedule as yet and I'm not holding my breath. I'll just be happy if thay actually have Az when I go back.

• Like 2

Just now, Crossy said:

Policy at the time was 2nd dose at 16 weeks so October 2nd is my date. Nothing heard about a re-schedule as yet and I'm not holding my breath. I'll just be happy if thay actually have Az when I go back.

• Haha 1

On 8/3/2021 at 3:49 PM, Crossy said:

If you booked via mor prom you will have been sent an earlier appt, but you have to look for it on the line app. Mine was Oct 4 changed to Sept 6 No good checking with the vaccination centre they just say look on mor prom

Edited by clivebaxter
  • Like 2

7 hours ago, clivebaxter said:

If you booked via mor prom you will have been sent an earlier appt, but you have to look for it on the line app. Mine was Oct 4 changed to Sept 6 No good checking with the vaccination centre they just say look on mor prom

Thanks.

In my case everything was organised via my employer. All staff have been offered a jab, younger Thai's got Sinovac older staff and foreigners Az. Unfortunately the nice lady who did the organising has gone incognito, I expect to get a call the day before any new appointment just like I did for the original. 

• 2 weeks later...

Ist shot of AZ on 18 July via Australian Embassy at SCG Bang Sue BKK. 2nd shot today, 4 weeks later.

Australia's technical advisory group on immunisation (ATAGI) now recommends that if in a "worst affected area", you should contact your vaccine provider to get your 2nd shot asap after 4 weeks. So I did contact them... and they obliged.

Hence very happy about getting 2nd shot today, exactly 4 weeks later, and not waiting 12 long weeks as originally advised by medical staff at Bang Sue on the day of receiving the 1st shot.

https://www1.racgp.org.au/newsgp/clinical/atagi-recommends-shortened-interval-between-astraz

Edited by Nemises

On 8/4/2021 at 5:30 PM, clivebaxter said:

Same here… Moh Promp App:

1st AZ dose on 7-June.

2nd dose scheduled 16 weeks later.

Re-scheduled for 12 weeks later, updated automatically on App.

Announcements of rescheduling for 8 weeks, no update on the App. 

(travelled overseas, no longer need 2nd dose in Thailand) 

With Moh Promp App, wife’s 2nd AZ Dose is scheduled at 10 weeks.