Pattaya Mayor confirms order of Sinopharm Covid-19 vaccine amid what he calls misleading information widely shared on social media

snoop1130

54174E1BAC7F7F962C6A25401D33C186_700-696x392.jpg

Pattaya Mayor Sontaya Khunpluem has reassured the local community that a total amount of 100,000 doses of the Sinopharm Covid-19 vaccine have already been reserved for local residents after false information regarding the allocation not taking place had been spread online.

The Mayor had posted an online response on his official Facebook page yesterday, August 3rd, responding to what he called misleading information on social media that claimed Pattaya city did not actually make a Sinopharm Covid-19 vaccine reservation with Chulabhorn Royal Academy, who were supplying the vaccine to private organizations for purchase. He stated that the “fake news” provides incomplete information and has ruined the reputation and public confidence in Pattaya City.

According to Mayor Khunplume, Pattaya City authorities had booked a total of 100,000 doses of Sinopharm with the Chulabhorn institution on June 15th, one day after the reservation was opened, attaching a list of more than 20,000 people who had already registered for the vaccinations. The Sinopharm vaccine is to be paid from the city’s own budget, according to the Mayor and is an attempt to accelerate the vaccination program locally. TPN media has previously written about this several times, such as here.

Full Story: https://thepattayanews.com/2021/08/04/pattaya-mayor-confirms-order-of-sinopharm-covid-19-vaccine-amid-what-he-calls-misleading-information-widely-shared-on-social-media/

PattayaNews.jpg

• Haha 2

There might not be "false information ... spread online" if the authorities had more clearly and prominently broadcast all the relevant, true information.

The impression I get (as I don't speak Thai and thus cannot follow the local press) is that one aspect of the poor vaccine roll-out here has been that people don't really know what's going ... or when they will be vaccinated.

Edited by law ling
  • Like 1

16 hours ago, HappyExpat57 said:

Just today I registered for and received an appointment at Bangkok Pattaya Hospital for an AZ jab. If they do a bait-n-switch and roll out Sinopharm, I'm not sure I'd accept that jab.

The last time I checked BP home page it clearly said NOT FOR FARANGS.- later amended to NO HAVE any.

• Haha 1

17 hours ago, HappyExpat57 said:

Just today I registered for and received an appointment at Bangkok Pattaya Hospital for an AZ jab. If they do a bait-n-switch and roll out Sinopharm, I'm not sure I'd accept that jab.

Was that with the government registration?

Edited by Yewbzee

15 hours ago, law ling said:

There might not be "false information ... spread online" if the authorities had more clearly and prominently broadcast all the relevant, true information.

The impression I get (as I don't speak Thai and thus cannot follow the local press) is that one aspect of the poor vaccine roll-out here has been that people don't really know what's going ... or when they will be vaccinated.

That would be a very fair assumption

18 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

He stated that the “fake news” provides incomplete information and has ruined the reputation and public confidence in Pattaya City.

The only way it 'ruined' any reputations is if the good mayor's administration doesn't follow through.  If the shots are given, he can thumb his nose at detractors and social media will collective know there was no merit to the allegation and all is well.

Such delicate sensitivities.  I hope nobody's pants spontaneously combust. 

9 minutes ago, Boedog said:

Please be aware that only the Government and TAT are allowed to spread fake news as anything else gives us a bad reputation, its just one big circus overflowing with far too many clowns 

When government spreads it, it is "alternative facts" so perfectly okay

18 minutes ago, mikebell said:

Just been on BP home page/site - no sign of any news about vaccines/registration.  I have emailed them inquiring.  How did you do it?

There was a post on a Facebook Group which focused on Pattaya expats. I just checked, and it appears there may be more appoints available. If you go there and can make an appointment, could you let us know here?

https://healthrisk.bangkokpattayahospital.com/rvi_covid/rvi_add.php?fbclid=IwAR2ywmUfkSnEBxJ0RK9x_7w9LwnXtZFkGCpcoLo0uePb4Kz_dP7sSEB4deo

Additional info - I just tried to enter again for an earlier appointment and was denied cuz they already had my initial info. Maybe it's a winner! This is for an AZ jab.

Edited by HappyExpat57

20 hours ago, HappyExpat57 said:

There was a post on a Facebook Group which focused on Pattaya expats. I just checked, and it appears there may be more appoints available. If you go there and can make an appointment, could you let us know here?

https://healthrisk.bangkokpattayahospital.com/rvi_covid/rvi_add.php?fbclid=IwAR2ywmUfkSnEBxJ0RK9x_7w9LwnXtZFkGCpcoLo0uePb4Kz_dP7sSEB4deo

Additional info - I just tried to enter again for an earlier appointment and was denied cuz they already had my initial info. Maybe it's a winner! This is for an AZ jab.

BP's response - 

'Dear Mr. Bell,

Further to your inquiry, please note that we will be included on the following website for vaccination pre-registration soon. You can register here once available. Thank you very much.

https://www.thailandintervac.com/'

• Like 1

3 hours ago, mikebell said:

BP's response - 

'Dear Mr. Bell,

Further to your inquiry, please note that we will be included on the following website for vaccination pre-registration soon. You can register here once available. Thank you very much.

https://www.thailandintervac.com/'

Damn, just a little too late. Thanks for getting back.

If all Pattaya residents were double vaccinated over the next 2 months, it means nothing for tourism here until 60% to 70% of Thai's have been vaccinated, across the country.    

Pattaya can not be sandboxed.  

So all of these media releases mean nothing.