The Best Meal Value In Pattaya Is...

Weho

After my recent visit to "Neeroys" on Soi Chaiapoon, for his famous English fish n chips, i was totally stuffed (as they say) it was the best for 99 bt, just like the chippy back at home when i was little. Today i was a bit hungy again so i went for the sarnies.

Hey you guys got to try Neeroys Fish n Chips - yummy. Apparently Mrs Neeroy trained for cooking in the UK for 5 years, and that is the reason it was soooo delicious !! Neeroys has huge huge black & yellow signs outside, you cant miss it "Bradford curries".

I haven't yet tried the sandwiches in carrefour but Ill definately be stopping by and give them a try next time Im there, (I know you like them, but Please , Weho & Pattaya Girl..... leave some for me!) LOL ...

I posted the same thing about Neeroy's a couple of days ago, about their Fish & Chips.. Lovely.. Thanks for bringing it back up, You've got my mouth watering now :o

I think the Huge sign is something more like 'English Style Food' , the 'Bradford Curries' is on a yellow and black sign sitting at the front.. Cant miss it anyway, Especially at night when its lit up..

Edit: Typo

Edited by Meg_ken2003

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Yes megken, i think the sign might have been in my face thats why i remembered Bradford curries.

Maybe the owner is from Bradford, he certainly has an accent from within that region.

Neeroys, wow, it was lovely, i am going again soon to try the mince and tatties (potatoes).

My mouth is watering already.

All I think Weho is trying to say here is that he wants to share his experience concerning food.

Whether Weho is a he or she, is not the issue here.

Just a member wanting to let others know about these things. Maybe next time he will write

something about a visit he made...

Briefly, I don't see the point why anyone wouldn't do this. And I sure don't understand why

members here nag at being it cheap or expensive.

Some reasons for their success: good-tasting, clean, fast, convenient, you know what you'll get (anywhere in the world), reasonably-priced, etc...

This makes a lot more sense than the politically correct brain-washing theory! :o

OK perhaps you'd like to explain just what is politically correct about what I've said?

Their success doesn’t come from their product it comes from sophisticated marketing strategies and huge amounts of capital (and slush funds?) that are used to buy up real-estate and put any competitors out of business using loss leaders and mass advertising aimed largely at children. We’re talking psychologists, designers, sociologists and of course high finance….but not food.

Hamburgers and fries are food no matter what silly spin you put on it, and your senerio is nothing but another wacky, politically-correct conspiracy theory.

I'm sure that Robski will buy it however! :o

Pal of mine worked in what can only be described as the Big Mac Mega facility just outside Shanghai.

He swears the meat is top quality in a BM with quality control not found in the finest of establishments. All shipped to China form the Americas to be processed and added to Chinese eggs before being shipped throughout the world.

He has left the company now, but still swears by their standards.

Pal of mine worked in what can only be described as the Big Mac Mega facility just outside Shanghai.

He swears the meat is top quality in a BM with quality control not found in the finest of establishments. All shipped to China form the Americas to be processed and added to Chinese eggs before being shipped throughout the world.

He has left the company now, but still swears by their standards.

So - American beef - stuffed full of hormones. Banned in the EU.

Is this why many Americans are so fat? The growth hormones in their meat? Is this why Europe (especially UK) is following the same route - because, despite the ban, McDonalds are breaking EU law and importing banned processed meat?

Edited by Humphrey Bear

So - American beef - stuffed full of hormones. Banned in the EU.

Is this why many Americans are so fat? The growth hormones in their meat? Is this why Europe (especially UK) is following the same route - because, despite the ban, McDonalds are breaking EU law and importing banned processed meat?

:o:D

Side-ways growth hormone.

Soundman.

Is this why many Americans are so fat? The growth hormones in their meat?

There are PLENTY of fat Europeans. Take a walk on beach road one day. :o

You've got that right.

I'll go one step further and state that I believe Europeans are not as self conscious about their fat as Americans and would be more likely to walk around shirtless with it.

Edited by tropo

And after the hurricane in the Oman - this is what should happen to all Ronald's places

McD.doc

Don't tell that to the hundreds of millions of Ronald's supporters worldwide. note: I'm not one.

There are obviously sound reasons for their success.

I can’t believe how naïve some people still are about McD’s success and indeed the success of many other “copycat” fast food outlets.

To suggest that they are clean or wholesome is just not correct.

They are styled and designed to set the customer at ease and the food is produced as quickly and cheaply as possible; it is the absolute bottom line of what they can get away with….essentially they are purveyors of salt, sugar and fat laced with flavour enhancers.

Their success doesn’t come from their product it comes from sophisticated marketing strategies and huge amounts of capital (and slush funds?) that are used to buy up real-estate and put any competitors out of business using loss leaders and mass advertising aimed largely at children. We’re talking psychologists, designers, sociologists and of course high finance….but not food.

In developing countries parents with a growing income find it incredibly difficult to deny their children food as they or their parents frequently have experienced going short of food or even famine at first hand. Furthermore being able to be seen affording McD’s and their ilk is another factor in selling this worthless product. – Bear in mind that in Thailand McD’s and KFC etc are nowhere near the cheapest food you can buy.

If you want examples of food poisoning at McD’s just Google it…. You’ll get plenty of hits. Remember Taco Bell a few weeks back with the video of hundreds of rats running around?

I NEVER said Mcdonald's was "wholesome"... it is not... but it IS clean... and if you read often about food poisioning there, maybe because it's the largest restaurant company IN THE WORLD, they have more chances than a place that has ONE location, to have articles written about food poisioning.

And if their predatory advertising is pointed at children, maybe the parents should start to act like responsible parents and NOT take their kids there.

Weho,

today i went to carrefore and got the last three of the Roast Beef salad sandwiches, i found myself hungry and thinking about them, again, i am sorry if there are none left for you today, i did think of you while i was buying them, but my hunger took over and i could not resist buying the last 3. I did however notice that they also have chicken with salad as well.

After my recent visit to "Neeroys" on Soi Chaiapoon, for his famous English fish n chips, i was totally stuffed (as they say) it was the best for 99 bt, just like the chippy back at home when i was little. Today i was a bit hungy again so i went for the sarnies.

Hey you guys got to try Neeroys Fish n Chips - yummy. Apparently Mrs Neeroy trained for cooking in the UK for 5 years, and that is the reason it was soooo delicious !! Neeroys has huge huge black & yellow signs outside, you cant miss it "Bradford curries".

That's my nightmare... trying to be nice, sharing a good value tip with others, then when I go there, they will be OUT!!! But I'm a giver... so I'm glad you got the sandwiches... no doubt, they will raise the price soon, maybe 5 baht, but I believe they are a little underpriced at the moment...

I'm just a giver... an angel, if you will...

All I think Weho is trying to say here is that he wants to share his experience concerning food.

Whether Weho is a he or she, is not the issue here.

Just a member wanting to let others know about these things. Maybe next time he will write

something about a visit he made...

Briefly, I don't see the point why anyone wouldn't do this. And I sure don't understand why

members here nag at being it cheap or expensive.

You can read my mind... I read your posting just AFTER I posted my travelogue about my Bangkok visit yesterday/today...

"Weho" is gender neutral... could be he, she, both, neither... but it shoudln't really matter... and don't obsess over it...

"Weho" is gender neutral... could be he, she, both, neither... but it shoudln't really matter... and don't obsess over it...

We can certainly tell that from your Avatar. Kim after castration....

Soundman.

I'm thinking of changing that to something a little less hostile...

We can certainly tell that from your Avatar. Kim after castration....

Soundman.

I'm thinking of changing that to something a little less hostile...

:o:D

Quote of the morning!

Soundman.

Weho,

I went shopping in Foodland today, and came across something which Im sure you would be interested in (But you have probably already seen it)

The bread Rolls in foodland.. They are absolutely delicious, and they are only 8 baht each! They are on the top of the counter at the meat stall... You should try them if you haven't already.. I got one and had it with Salami & Cheese .. :o The best sandwich Ive had in a while..

Im planning on stopping in Carrefour to give those Sandwiches a try, so leave some for me, Please!! :D

You can read my mind... I read your posting just AFTER I posted my travelogue about my Bangkok visit yesterday/today...

Is that the same as a ladyboy??? :o

RAZZ

As a pattaya outsider who visits once in a while, I can't say I know too much about the best deals there. I remember that the APEX hotel used to have a pretty good breakfast buffet a few years back. If you came in off the street I think it was 110 baht.

As a pattaya outsider who visits once in a while, I can't say I know too much about the best deals there. I remember that the APEX hotel used to have a pretty good breakfast buffet a few years back. If you came in off the street I think it was 110 baht.

Could you give us an idea of where the Apex buffet is located, in general terms?

Could you give us an idea of where the Apex buffet is located, in general terms?

On second road (sai sorng) between south road (pattaya dtai) & centre road (pattaya glang) on the right hand side.

Cheers,

Soundman.

The best deal in town is my kitchen. I make Mamanoodles with an Egg, costs maybe 9 baht or so. Or a plate of Sapagetti with sauce and Cheese for 40 baht. But if you really want to go out, many Thai Places near my Condo, asking just +/- 30 baht a dish. For the rest, I like Foodwave.

Mostly on the tablecloth and the floor last time I went - a very grimy affair

Hi Weho, just been reading your last post, are you male or female by the way?

Maybe I'm "gender-neutral", maybe I'm both, maybe I'm neither. Maybe I drive a pickup trick and wear flannel shirts, and have lots of cats running around.

Please explain why you need to do, or what it has to do with the price of a cheap sandwich, and I'll be happy to respond, if convinced.

Because we have trouble fantasizing about a poster without the proper mental picture.... :o

the best deal in town... 95 baht lasagne and chips. Nice clean surroundings, big portions. I walked home after eating eating it to burn off afew calories. :o

Is "95 baht lasagne and chips" the name of the restaurant? Are they located near Don Plaza?

the best deal in town... 95 baht lasagne and chips. Nice clean surroundings, big portions. I walked home after eating eating it to burn off afew calories. :D

Is "95 baht lasagne and chips" the name of the restaurant? Are they located near Don Plaza?

Now, Weho, aren't you asking too much? Just walk around Pattaya and you're bound to run into the restaurant--it's not that big a town!

:o

By the way, I'm not just a smartass, I have a guess which restaurant it might be--Robin's Nest or some name like that on Soi Diana Inn near Soi Buakao?

the best deal in town... 95 baht lasagne and chips. Nice clean surroundings, big portions. I walked home after eating eating it to burn off afew calories. :D

Now, Weho, aren't you asking too much? Just walk around Pattaya and you're bound to run into the restaurant--it's not that big a town!

:D

By the way, I'm not just a smartass, I have a guess which restaurant it might be--Robin's Nest or some name like that on Soi Diana Inn near Soi Buakao?

ohh Jimmyd now youve spoilt it. Ive only had it the once and thought a few more trips were in order just to make sure before letting the cat out of the bag. :o